FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Test your knowledge of Aeroplan myths and earn 1000 pts (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1797488-test-your-knowledge-aeroplan-myths-earn-1000-pts.html)

margarita girl Oct 20, 2016 12:43 am

Test your knowledge of Aeroplan myths and earn 1000 pts

I know I don't spend much time on this forum anymore, but did a quick search and couldn't find this anywhere. Apologies if it's a duplicate.

This was on an Aeroplan email I received. It says it is targeted, so may or may not work for you.

https://www3.aeroplan.com/myths-quiz...&cid=002253237

As far as the myths go, we all have our own opinions. ;)

Smiley90 Oct 20, 2016 1:03 am

worked! Didn't get the points right away so we'll see. thanks for posting!

whatchamackallit03 Oct 20, 2016 1:44 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 27369919)
I know I don't spend much time on this forum anymore, but did a quick search and couldn't find this anywhere. Apologies if it's a duplicate.

This was on an Aeroplan email I received. It says it is targeted, so may or may not work for you.

https://www3.aeroplan.com/myths-quiz...&cid=002253237

As far as the myths go, we all have our own opinions. ;)

It worked for me! Thanks for sharing the link! :like: :D

Jumper Jack Oct 20, 2016 1:50 am

Almost shameful

Even though they are all truths, I clicked on myth to get the points. - Call me a hypocrite :P

hastuk Oct 20, 2016 2:28 am

Read this at the end after entering my Aeroplan number. I don't expect to receive any points.

"Thank you. You have successfully registered for this promotion.
Please note that some promotions are offered by invitation, so bonus miles for those promotions will be credited only if you have been invited to participate and have fully qualified for the offer."

cur Oct 20, 2016 3:21 am

Originally Posted by hastuk (Post 27370136)
Read this at the end after entering my Aeroplan number. I don't expect to receive any points.

Please note that some promotions are offered by invitation, so bonus miles for those promotions will be credited only if you have been invited to participate and have fully qualified for the offer."

me too!!! i hate aeroplan. free market research for them :mad::mad::mad:

D404 Oct 20, 2016 5:58 am

Originally Posted by cur (Post 27370232)
me too!!! i hate aeroplan. free market research for them :mad::mad::mad:

If it makes you feel better, I get booted out of every single Aeroplan survey after I put my country of residence as the UK. (Great job creating a self selecting a sample group there guys...). No free market research from me!

painintheuk Oct 20, 2016 6:01 am

Thanks margarita-girl!

I finished the quiz 18 seconds ago and still haven't received the points, so I assume that this quiz is a myth :).

Dr. PITUK

painintheuk Oct 20, 2016 6:27 am

I tried again with Mrs. PITUK's AP number and got the following message:

Thank you. You have successfully registered for this promotion.
Please note that some promotions are offered by invitation, so bonus miles for those promotions will be credited only if you have been invited to participate and have fully qualified for the offer.

YOWgary Oct 20, 2016 9:14 am

jerryhung Oct 20, 2016 9:42 am

Originally Posted by painintheuk (Post 27370640)
I tried again with Mrs. PITUK's AP number and got the following message:

Thank you. You have successfully registered for this promotion.
Please note that some promotions are offered by invitation, so bonus miles for those promotions will be credited only if you have been invited to participate and have fully qualified for the offer.

Thanks, did it on 5 accounts, let's see if they ever come as I got the above message for all

songsc Oct 20, 2016 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack (Post 27370069)
Almost shameful

Even though they are all truths, I clicked on myth to get the points. - Call me a hypocrite :P

Perhaps this is exactly what they are looking for. At the end of the day they can simply say that based on our survey there is no myth in AP, so no need for any improvement.

Toddcan Oct 20, 2016 10:26 am

Originally Posted by hastuk (Post 27370136)

Give a handful of people the real survey, and award them the 1,000 miles. Knowing that some of those will likely share the link - not having to pay out the 1,000 miles, but still getting the survey results. Right up there with "chance to win 25,000 miles" to complete a survey.

jc94 Oct 20, 2016 10:35 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary (Post 27371269)

mapleg Oct 20, 2016 10:38 am

Suggest they try this one

You have searched on ANA for available flights for a mini-rtw. When you try to book a segment, the agent advises no such seat is available.

TRUE

or this

Did you know you can book on line with no service charge, but if you want a better or more complicated routing, you will have to phone in and be charged extra.

TRUE

or

We will be increasing our cancellation and change fees later this year for many clients

TRUE