Wiki Posts
Search

Free Limo between JFK/LGA for J

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Flying Swiss LX next month EWR-ZRH. Any chance of a free limo between YYZ (a former Swiss destination) and EWR??
I know you're joking, but for your contributions on FT, I'd be willing to IKK you a seat on a YYZ-EWR flight if it made your vacation less stressful.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Have we found a free limo ride for the OP yet?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:11 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
I'd bet DL puts pax in a shuttle bus in these circumstances, not a limo.

Originally Posted by aznfreak007
Yes delta air lines, international ticket, domestic to transatlantic or vice versa, as stated in the contract of carriage rule 30 ground transfer service

EXCEPTIONS:
Except for passengers traveling on
award tickets
or
free tickets, Delta will provide ground transfer
services at no additional charge in the following circumstances:
1).
Transatlantic Flights
--
New York area airports
Delta or Delta Connection passengers making connections between LaGuardia Airport
(LGA)
or Newark International Airport (EWR) and John F. Kennedy International Airport
(JFK) to or from Delta transatlantic flights will be provided ground transportation between
JFK airport and LGA/EWR airports at no additional charge, if the passenger's connec
ting

flight is scheduled to depart the same calendar day of
the scheduled arrival of the
passenger's flight at LGA/EWR/JFK airports.
Both the arriving and departing flights to/from
JFK/LGA/EWR must be on the same ticket
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:20 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by keitherson
Why would you recommend someone take a flight out of a different airport and on a different carrier, if they are already booked and flying out of NYC?

Nobody in this thread asked about why AC pulled out of JFK, so why did you feel the need to explain?

Whatever side of the bed you got out of the other morning, try the other side next time...
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Flying Swiss LX next month EWR-ZRH. Any chance of a free limo between YYZ (a former Swiss destination) and EWR??
Sure! I drive u!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: TK *G
All I know is that some airlines provide limo service to some of their C/F pax. However I don't think AC or SN provides this service in NYC.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
All I know is that some airlines provide limo service to some of their C/F pax. However I don't think AC or SN provides this service in NYC.
Would it be rude to ask the 'Captain Obvious' question : if someone is flying in C/F, would they not be able to easily afford the rather small fee of such a ride?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Would it be rude to ask the 'Captain Obvious' question : if someone is flying in C/F, would they not be able to easily afford the rather small fee of such a ride?
If someone is in a premium cabin, would they not be able to afford the rather small fees for baggage, lounge access, or onboard food and beverage?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:33 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Are there examples of airlines that provide complimentary car transfer between airports in the same city for premium passengers? NH HND/NRT? BA LCY/LHR?
There was a time when most major carriers provided helicopter transfers between LGA and JFK, even for coach passengers. I remember doing this on LH and TWA.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Then can't you say the same thing about the limo rides to and from the airports that are provided by some airlines such as the Mideast carriers?

It's a courtesy versus having HVCs feeling that they're being nickel and dimed. Classy. In the case of limo or helicopter service, it can be an advantage for the carrier to know whether someone is on the way to the airport or planning to no show on a fully refundable premium cabin ticket. Moreover, the airline can negotiate contracts for these services at lower rates than the typical individual traveler can obtain.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Then can't you say the same thing about the limo rides to and from the airports that are provided by some airlines such as the Mideast carriers?

It's a courtesy versus having HVCs feeling that they're being nickel and dimed. Classy. In the case of limo or helicopter service, it can be an advantage for the carrier to know whether someone is on the way to the airport or planning to no show on a fully refundable premium cabin ticket. Moreover, the airline can negotiate contracts for these services at lower rates than the typical individual traveler can obtain.

Thank you. This was a helpful answer.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:06 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Have we found a free limo ride for the OP yet?
would $20 off suffice?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...e-sharing.html
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:30 am

Maybe we should get Air Canada to resurrect their YYZ helicopter service for him:

http://gofar.aircanada.com/en/popula...nds-of-flight/
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I do recall the last time I did this transit I arrived at JFK on SQ in F Class, and departed
LGA on AC in J class.

I took a cab.

Never even occurred to me to ask someone else to pick up the tab.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Since we know the answer is "no," should this thread not have been closed a long time ago?

Plus, the title of the thread is misleading. At the very least, it should include a "?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.