Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Announces Toronto-Mumbai 787 Dreamliner Service

Air Canada Announces Toronto-Mumbai 787 Dreamliner Service

Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Quotas? Quota was usually talked about regarding clothing and the government stop using the quota system years age. Duties were set up to increase the cost imported goods, giving domestic manufactures a price advantage(in theory). IE, same as restricting ME# airlines. Plus, ME3 airline are fully subsidized by their government and I do not want Canadian airlines subsidized.
3 flights/week is the very definition of quota. I think you're mixing things up.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
I'd rather not turn this thread into a debate over free market vs protectionism because there's clearly not changing minds on this issue.

FYI there are duties on a lot of imports, including Samsung phones. And Boeing and Airbus employs many Canadians, as does Walmart CANADA. They are Canadian divisions of US companies with Canadian management.
Not trying to change minds. Just calling it what it is: outdated thinking that should have gone the way of the dodo hundreds of years ago.

As to Walmart et al, I'm willing to bet that somebody or the other trotted your argument to keep them out before common sense prevailed. Curious though: would you support a foreign carrier (any, really) setting up a domestic operation in Canada (with Canadian management/employees/whatnot?)

Look, I'm glad AC is flying to BOM and expanding across the board, but let's not try to project the protectionism afforded to it as being 'good' or 'correct' for Canadians. All these subsidy arguments don't make much sense when AC is trying to get into bed with the likes of CA and AI, the latter of which has been arguably the most destructive subsidized entity in aviation.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:50 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by yulred
I see. So you're using duties and quotas as interchangeable.
He is spewing off about things he has no clue about as usual. But rah-rah AC!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
He is spewing off about things he has no clue about as usual. But rah-rah AC!
Clearly, what is good for AC, and its profits, is good for Canada, its economy and Canadian consumers..

DUH!

Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Anyone know when J award space will be available on YYZ-BOM ? Dont see anything in Dec and am not sure if they have not loaded availability or they expect to sell all J. There is availability via DEL though if I was going to transit I would prefer DXB i guess.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
inventory is loaded for December, I am seeing a lot of P and R 0'd out as well.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
inventory is loaded for December, I am seeing a lot of P and R 0'd out as well.
lol so many suckers with SE will be riding in the back, and wait until 7 days before the flight, to know if they have a chance at an upgrade
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by flybit
lol so many suckers with SE will be riding in the back, and wait until 7 days before the flight, to know if they have a chance at an upgrade
Well at least P is available, so if they want J the price is reasonable
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Air Canada to Inaugurate Toronto-Mumbai Non-stop Service

June 30, 2017

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2017...n-stop-Service

New Dreamliner service is Air Canada's third route to India

MONTREAL, June 30, 2017 /CNW/ - Air Canada inaugurates new, non-stop Toronto-Mumbai service tomorrow, the only non-stop flight from Canada to India's largest city. The four-times weekly service will be operated with Air Canada's most modern aircraft, the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

"Air Canada is always excited to launch a new route and this is particularly gratifying given Mumbai is India's largest city and regarded as its financial, commercial and entertainment capital. This flight is the third route we have started to India in less than two years, demonstrating our commitment to this vibrant market as well to our continuing international expansion strategy. This is the only non-stop service between Canada and Mumbai and positions Air Canada as offering the best coverage of any carrier operating between Canada and India," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.

"We commend Air Canada on this path-breaking initiative. In a globalized world, connectivity matters and non-stop flights facilitate closer business ties and people-to-people contact. The promise of the Canada-India economic relationship is materially advanced with this non-stop flight connecting two global cities - Toronto and Mumbai. We will play our part in promoting this terrific linkage," said Kasi Rao, President & CEO of the Canada-India Business Council.

With the new Toronto-Mumbai route, Air Canada now offers three Boeing 787 Dreamliner routes between Canada and India, including year-round daily Toronto-Delhi service and seasonal Vancouver-Delhi service, which resumes in October and will be expanded to up to five times weekly this winter from three-times weekly last winter.

Toronto-Mumbai will operate year-round with Air Canada's state-of-the-art Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. The aircraft features 30 International Business Class lie-flat suites, 21 Premium Economy and 247 Economy Class seats, with upgraded in-flight entertainment at every seat throughout the aircraft. All flights provide for Aeroplan accumulation and redemption and, for eligible customers, priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority boarding and other benefits.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Not sure if demand is that good on this route already. For the very busy Christmas/Dec season Tango is still available for approx $2100. PE is as high as $3900 !!. J is around $4300. All amounts for return trips.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
Air Canada to Inaugurate Toronto-Mumbai Non-stop Service

June 30, 2017

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2017...n-stop-Service

New Dreamliner service is Air Canada's third route to India

MONTREAL, June 30, 2017 /CNW/ - Air Canada inaugurates new, non-stop Toronto-Mumbai service tomorrow, the only non-stop flight from Canada to India's largest city. The four-times weekly service will be operated with Air Canada's most modern aircraft, the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

"Air Canada is always excited to launch a new route and this is particularly gratifying given Mumbai is India's largest city and regarded as its financial, commercial and entertainment capital. This flight is the third route we have started to India in less than two years, demonstrating our commitment to this vibrant market as well to our continuing international expansion strategy. This is the only non-stop service between Canada and Mumbai and positions Air Canada as offering the best coverage of any carrier operating between Canada and India," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.

"We commend Air Canada on this path-breaking initiative. In a globalized world, connectivity matters and non-stop flights facilitate closer business ties and people-to-people contact. The promise of the Canada-India economic relationship is materially advanced with this non-stop flight connecting two global cities - Toronto and Mumbai. We will play our part in promoting this terrific linkage," said Kasi Rao, President & CEO of the Canada-India Business Council.

With the new Toronto-Mumbai route, Air Canada now offers three Boeing 787 Dreamliner routes between Canada and India, including year-round daily Toronto-Delhi service and seasonal Vancouver-Delhi service, which resumes in October and will be expanded to up to five times weekly this winter from three-times weekly last winter.

Toronto-Mumbai will operate year-round with Air Canada's state-of-the-art Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. The aircraft features 30 International Business Class lie-flat suites, 21 Premium Economy and 247 Economy Class seats, with upgraded in-flight entertainment at every seat throughout the aircraft. All flights provide for Aeroplan accumulation and redemption and, for eligible customers, priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority boarding and other benefits.

Last edited by Diabeetus; Jun 30, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by vernonc
Not sure if demand is that good on this route already. For the very busy Christmas/Dec season Tango is still available for approx $2100. PE is as high as $3900 !!. J is around $4300. All amounts for return trips.
I am wondering why AC price PE that way. There are J tickets for lower than $3900 on other carriers. Not sure about India routes, on Asia routes PY is usually around 1/3 to half full.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.