Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

US Preclearance at Pearson this morning

Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know what was going on this morning at US CBP at YYZ T1? Worst lines I've seen in a long time. Nexus/GE got so long they had to close one of the security lines because there was nowhere for people to stand on the other side waiting for customs.

It was frustrating because the Nexus line got so long and then eventually the regular line got cleared out, but they refused to let anyone from Nexus use the regular lines, saying that CBP was going to send people back through Nexus if they tried to clear at the regular kiosks.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this isn't an Air Canada or Aeroplan specific topic it's been relocated to the Canada forum.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:24 am
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
The connections Nexus line was also backed up, though not as badly as the regular line. The guy in front of me grumbled to one of the staff in yellow jackets, was told the policy today was for everyone to see an agent. The staff person noticed me, asked if I was with the other fellow, then asked if I had checked bags. When I answered no to both, he told me I didn't need to wait, but should go right to the exit. When I handed in my Nexus form, CBP agent did not give it a second look. Weird.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.