Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Tango fare release patterns on Rouge

Question: Tango fare release patterns on Rouge

Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Tango fare release patterns on Rouge

I have a question, does AC Rouge release cheaper tango fares (A, K, L, T)closer to the flight day, I am tracking a fare to LAS two weeks out, the flight seat map seems quite empty and I watched the S fares going from 9+ to 0 in a few hours on EF, so I am pretty sure these weren't purschased but they are just pulling the fare classes based on some kind of revenue model, what do you think?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Generally speaking, flights to the US do not get cheaper within the last 2 weeks.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by nk15
I have a question, does AC Rouge release cheaper tango fares (A, K, L, T)closer to the flight day, I am tracking a fare to LAS two weeks out, the flight seat map seems quite empty and I watched the S fares going from 9+ to 0 in a few hours on EF, so I am pretty sure these weren't purschased but they are just pulling the fare classes based on some kind of revenue model, what do you think?

Here's an example I saw in the last couple of days:

YYZ-LAS RT for late January 2017

Seat maps and EF for ACr 1837 and 1836 show almost empty cabins.

Tango Fare was $242 + $287 = $436 All in (didn't look at the bucket)

A day later, $335 + $287 = $622

Looks like AC sold out of the single seat at $436.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Generally speaking, flights to the US do not get cheaper within the last 2 weeks.
It is actually LAS-Canada, if it matters. I procrastinated buying it when it was $188, next day was 265, next day 300+ USD, lol. For a two hour flight midweek on an empty 767...They have to be kidding...I have back up award flights so I am gonna watch this play out for training purposes...
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
It is actually LAS-Canada, if it matters. I procrastinated buying it when it was $188, next day was 265, next day 300+ USD, lol. For a two hour flight midweek on an empty 767...They have to be kidding...I have back up award flights so I am gonna watch this play out for training purposes...
Remember, most non status pax do not select seats because of the cost. I take these flights around 7x per year(always mid week) and they are generally full. Mid week travel is usually for trade shows.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Distressed inventory for leisure routes gets dumped to Air Canada Vacation packages. So unless you are going to book a hotel alongside the flights or deal with opaque/discounted bookings that are not public, 99% chance is that your flight will get more expensive closer to day of departure.

If you think a two hour flight for 300+ USD is excessive you haven't been flying enough.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by keitherson
Distressed inventory for leisure routes gets dumped to Air Canada Vacation packages. So unless you are going to book a hotel alongside the flights or deal with opaque/discounted bookings that are not public, 99% chance is that your flight will get more expensive closer to day of departure.

If you think a two hour flight for 300+ USD is excessive you haven't been flying enough.
Yea, this probably will get more expensive for publicly available fares, this is also Vegas I guess. I am used to buying early the heavily discounted fares, so I am not liking this...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.