Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan wont recognize my membership number!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan wont recognize my membership number!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
That was goodwill, not compensation.
Where do you draw the line?

When I write in to commend an amazing FA, and I'm rewarded with thousands of miles, I consider that "goodwill".

When I write in to complain about a horrible FA, and I'm rewarded with thousands of miles, I consider that "compensation".

If I complain about something, and they give me enough "currency" to shut me up, how is that not compensation?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Where do you draw the line?
Simple, my dear Watson.

Anything they give you while not obliged to is clearly goodwill.

If it is due by law or under the tariffs, then it's not goodwill and it's compensation.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
Simple, my dear Watson.

Anything they give you while not obliged to is clearly goodwill.

If it is due by law or under the tariffs, then it's not goodwill and it's compensation.
compensation : the act or process of making amends for something
goodwill : a good relationship, as of a business with its customers ....

Why do you think everything is "law" based.

I go with canadiancow.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
Assuming you intended to fly, you must have had photo ID of some sort. Did they lose your reservation entirely?
My reservation was still there, but my Aeroplan number was dropped off from it...

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
On what bases did they rebooked you ?
I was re-booked because they spent too long fumbling around trying to fix it, and by then the check-in was already closed as they shut it off 45 minutes prior to departure.

I probably could've done myself a favor by checking in a lot earlier, but this was my 50th flight of the year and for the first 49 I've always been checking in 60-90 minutes before the flights and never had any problems. This time just happened to be nearer to the 60 min mark.

So in the end they had to re-book me on the next flight, and the agent Deborah at the YYC altitude status counter assured me this flight would be posted to my account, even though my Aeroplan number didn't pull up, because the boarding pass showed my E35 status. (She was questioning my status and was giving me attitude the entire time, but that's for another story later on...)

Fast forward a week later, all of my flights from that booking have been posted within 2 days, except this re-booked one. I figured it's due to the missing Aeroplan number, so I called AC, waited 30 minutes on hold (which is probably the shortest I've ever waited for them), only for the agent to tell me he can't do anything and I'll have to fill out a form on AC's website. I've reached out to AC from other unrelated .... from mid-August and I still haven't heard back, at this rate, looks like my 50th segment won't post or be resolved until after the October early recognition cut off.

Anyone else have experience with this, and know if AC can back date my segment, once they find my Aeroplan number on their system?

If only AC would fix their ...... IT issues...

Last edited by chawk12; Sep 29, 2016 at 12:27 pm
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by chawk12
My reservation was still there, but my Aeroplan number was dropped off from it...

I was re-booked because they spent too long fumbling around trying to fix it, and by then the check-in was already closed as they shut it off 45 minutes prior to departure.

I probably could've done myself a favor by checking in a lot earlier, but this was my 50th flight of the year and for the first 49 I've always been checking in 60-90 minutes before the flights and never had any problems. This time just happened to be nearer to the 60 min mark.

So in the end they had to re-book me on the next flight, and the agent Deborah at the YYC altitude status counter assured me this flight would be posted to my account, even though my Aeroplan number didn't pull up, because the boarding pass showed my E35 status. (She was questioning my status and was giving me attitude the entire time, but that's for another story later on...)

Fast forward a week later, all of my flights from that booking have been posted within 2 days, except this re-booked one. I figured it's due to the missing Aeroplan number, so I called AC, waited 30 minutes on hold (which is probably the shortest I've ever waited for them), only for the agent to tell me he can't do anything and I'll have to fill out a form on AC's website. I've reached out to AC from other unrelated .... from mid-August and I still haven't heard back, at this rate, looks like my 50th segment won't post or be resolved until after the October early recognition cut off.

Anyone else have experience with this, and know if AC can back date my segment, once they find my Aeroplan number on their system?

If only AC would fix their ...... IT issues...
I'm hoping they don't backdate AQM/AQD as I flew a lot this year and will be E75, I'd rather have them for 2017 so easier to requalify for *G in 2017-2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.