Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

I've been meaning to start this thread for a while. Seems now might be a good time.

I got the idea from our friends over at AA and DL who have some great comedic talents in their versions.

We are SO. MUCH. BETTER.

The motivation tonight was due to these gems from Sparse and YEG2MM:

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
No idea why this is acceptable.

I was on 426 when this SE started making a fuss about not getting upgraded. He had a huge fight with the SD telling them that he never gets any recognition from AC.

So we end up pushing back late because he wouldn't sit down until he got his seat, and then had the FA come talk to me so he could get a window seat.

Is this standard practice from Super Elites??
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
Not at all, but I am special.

So, my complaint is that my nuts were too warm.
aburrsir likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Pickles
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
I saw a guy in the TK forum complaining because he was flying business and was forced to share a bus from the plane to the terminal with economy-class passengers. I guess he thought their bottom-feeder cooties might rub off on him or something.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by segacs
I saw a guy in the TK forum complaining because he was flying business and was forced to share a bus from the plane to the terminal with economy-class passengers. I guess he thought their bottom-feeder cooties might rub off on him or something.
Well, that clearly should not be acceptable.

China Eastern had a small van waiting for us in Kunming. Now that's civilized.

(Maybe he was upset that he had to share a bus with women?)
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
He doesn't want to get that peasant tango smell on him

Originally Posted by Stranger
China Eastern had a small van waiting for us in Kunming. Now that's civilized.
But what about zone 1 boarding? How does it feel to board with rest of peasants back in Y when it's jet bridge boarding ?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Right, maybe, but this is AC FT. We don't have "bottom-feeder cooties".

Do you have an AC answer to "What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?"
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The sales director I work said his champagne was warm and he had to put ice cubes in it. He wants to know why AC keeps serving him warm champagne.

Attached Images  
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Most AC passengers have enough real problems to grumble about that the petty stuff is usually forgotten by the real stuff

- 14 year old kids forced to sleep in airports after getting bumped
- dogs being let out of kennels and getting hit by cars
- people stuck in IST for 3 days while AC continually gives them false info
- people getting stuck with hypodermic needles left on pockets
- Aeroplan tickets issued but partner airlines not honoring, pax stuck in China
- people flying from St. John's to Montreal and being abandoned in Deer Lake
- 2/3 hour hold times for the phone lines
- emails answered months later or simply not at all
- lost luggage
- Air Canada Rouge seats and legroom
- rude service from (insert any AC job title here)

My all time favorite was this ridiculousness on Virgin about a couple that couldn't be provided the First Class pyjamas. The airline offered business class pyjamas but the couple got off the flight, delayed it by 30 minutes and had to take a later flight.

Seriously I'm not making it up.
read about this folks here.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
The sales director I work said his champagne was warm and he had to put ice cubes in it. He wants to know why AC keeps serving him warm champagne.

Well....... the brass at AC probably read this and thought it was a good idea, they didnt read the comments though lol
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...r-bubbles.html
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Meh. I think the all time owner of the crown of this thread would have to be Senator Nancy Ruth, she of the "ice cold camembert" complaint.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Well....... the brass at AC probably read this and thought it was a good idea, they didnt read the comments though lol
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...r-bubbles.html

QUOTE:

"The study, by the University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne, in France, found that champagne keeps its fizz for longer if served slightly warmer at around 18°C.
And the average flute holds around one million bubbles - 14 million fewer than previously thought."

Good for them.

Sales' Director says AC champagne is not drinkable when it feels like bath water.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The smallest state
Most AC passengers have enough real problems to grumble about that the petty......

My all time favorite was this ridiculousness on Virgin about a couple that couldn't be provided the First Class pyjamas. The airline offered business class pyjamas but the couple got off the flight, delayed it by 30 minutes and had to take a later flight.

Seriously I'm not making it up.
read about this folks here.

Hi there,

Everyone is aware of the "real" stuff. There are way more threads and posts on these topics than can be consumed in a day.

This thread is designed for your F Class pyjamas people.

"AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?"

I am shocked that no one here can come up with something of no significant value to complain about.
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:17 pm
Original Member

It doesn't go up to eleven.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:17 pm
Original Member

And also, I don't know what "it" is.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:19 pm
Original Member

I never liked the way the chocolate bars were arranged in the basket in the pantry.

Might be an AC 33/34 thing.
bennyg2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.