Wiki Posts
Search

E190 uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
E190 uncomfortable

I flew in an E190 for the first time a few days ago. I found the Y seat extremely uncomfortable. The head pillow was pushing on my shoulders and I couldn't find a way to adjust it. I ended up with a very sore back on a short flight (YHZ-YUL). I wouldn't want a TCON in that seat. I'm not unusually tall at 6'2". The legroom was barely adequate. The A330 I flew next was much more comfortable.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by smallmj
I flew in an E190 for the first time a few days ago. I found the Y seat extremely uncomfortable. The head pillow was pushing on my shoulders and I couldn't find a way to adjust it. I ended up with a very sore back on a short flight (YHZ-YUL). I wouldn't want a TCON in that seat. I'm not unusually tall at 6'2". The legroom was barely adequate. The A330 I flew next was much more comfortable.
Are you comparing a narrow body aircraft with a wide body aircraft?

Try out CRJ 705, and you will feel E190 is a much better airplane. Those cross border CRJ 705s will turn you a miserable person forever.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: AC E75K, Aeroplan Diamond, NEXUS
I like E90 myself.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
What I'm saying is that a very specific aspect of the seat made the seat terrible for a tallish person. It would be fine if the headrest didn't push my shoulders forward and contort my back in to an ache inducing position. The headrest on the A330 was adjustable, on the E190 it was not.

I had read here that the E190 was very comfy for a narrow body, but that was not my experience at all.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:37 am

What I'm saying is that a very specific aspect of the seat made the seat terrible for a tallish person....
At 6'6" I find the issue a literal pain for the Q400 as well with its limited recline.

Partial fix is to take 1 or 2 in flight magagines, fold them in half lengthwise, re-insert folded into their clear plastic bag to keep from springing open and use as a lumbar support. Makes a big difference in reducing back ache.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
At 6'6" I find the issue a literal pain for the Q400 as well with its limited recline.

Partial fix is to take 1 or 2 in flight magagines, fold them in half lengthwise, re-insert folded into their clear plastic bag to keep from springing open and use as a lumbar support. Makes a big difference in reducing back ache.
Use this one wierd trick to fly comfortably on a narrow body airplane.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
On these small planes and even on some of bigs birds I travel with my neck pillow, unless flying in J
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Well.. I flew E90 to Seattle from Toronto before... So yes the TCON you would not want.
It was still better than the 777 HD Y... I mean aside from the washroom

As for 330 Y being comfortable - Prob wont be after brutal pounding by AC Execs next year.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Aug 21, 2016 at 8:59 am
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: *$ Green
E90 is best plane confirmed.

If I have to fly NB Y, I pick that one over the s-tier 320s.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
I like the E190's a lot . Find them very comfortable. I'm over 6'3", and the legroom I find is very good. Never had the head pillow problem. What seat did you have?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:32 am

If you are able to grab 2 extra magazines and do not mind the very public appearance, fabricating another 'lumbar support' and placing it vertically behind your head and neck successfully collapses the overstuffed head pillowing which otherwise tilts your body uncomfortably forward. (A must if you are trying to get some sleep).
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
...Love those jungle planes, E190 comfy, two seats on each side, poor bin space, but then again i don't bring everything i own on-board either.

I found these seats comfy when i was 325 pounds and now at 240 pounds, heights remains the same though! but I do look taller though, lol
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
E90 is my favourite for any domestic travel, anytime I am doing YOW - YYC or (when they had it) YUL - YYC I would grab it! Almost always 2A, sometimes 1A. I love this bird.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
me likes the single seat "J" class, more specifically the second from the front. If your alone, then no one beside you and you have leg room plus you can put your bag under the seat. Down side, no overhead bin space, unless your at the front of the boarding cue and beat everyone to the airplane..LOL!!!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
This may be the only time I've ever heard someone complaint about the E90 as an uncomfortable plane, relative to ANY plane in economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.