Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unlimited flight pass question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Unlimited flight pass question

I might have need to purchase a Transcontinental Flight Pass (3 months) for Sept-Nov.

I have a couple of United flights, as well as 2 advance purchase C fares on AC during that time frame which I would still use, that have already been booked

Will I still earn miles/AQD on those flights, in addition to the 15,000 per month that come with the pass?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I might have need to purchase a Transcontinental Flight Pass (3 months) for Sept-Nov.

I have a couple of United flights, as well as 2 advance purchase C fares on AC during that time frame which I would still use, that have already been booked

Will I still earn miles/AQD on those flights, in addition to the 15,000 per month that come with the pass?
Wouldn't it be more cost effective to cancel those bookings and pay any associated penalty, seeing that you're contemplating buying the unlimited pass?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:36 am

You should still earn the miles and AQD during that time. I had to get down to MEX in C a while back and earned miles in addition to those from my transcon FP. While it was officially pre-AQD, those flights did show up in my spend during the glitchier early days of the spend req, which makes sense. You should be credited for the dollars on the separate AC fares separate and apart from the FP.

This year I've had some M fares on United and they've counted towards AQM/S. Pretty sure no AQD for them, but I don't really follow it anymore.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
When you have an UL Flight Pass, you do get all of the AQM/S/D that you are entitled to for a revenue flight you take and book outside of your FP. It is just flights booked inside the flight pass that do not count towards those totals.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
When you have an UL Flight Pass, you do get all of the AQM/S/D that you are entitled to for a revenue flight you take and book outside of your FP. It is just flights booked inside the flight pass that do not count towards those totals.
That's correct. I have one unlimited pass and two other flight passes plus I fly on UA from time to time and always get what is due--AQD and AQM on all other AC flights and AQM on UA flights (obviously no AQD unless AC codeshare under all the normal strictures that go with the program).
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

The FP instruments are mutually exclusive.

For various reasons, I have often booked a la carte AQM earning flights on the same routes as FPs that are still valid in my wallet. Everything posts separately as they should.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The FP instruments are mutually exclusive.

For various reasons, I have often booked a la carte AQM earning flights on the same routes as FPs that are still valid in my wallet. Everything posts separately as they should.
Same routes as valid Unlimited FPs or just n credit FPs?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Split Transactions on Unlimited FP installements?

Hi

There are several unlimited FP threads discussing various aspects of them... some are much older than others so I didn't want to resurrect the older ones... so decided to use this one - mods, please move to the appropriate thread if this is not the correct one.

Question: Can I do spit transactions on unlimited FP installments by calling in? Say, $4,000 on one CC and another $4,000 on another CC, and do this by calling in each month, including the first installment?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Hi

There are several unlimited FP threads discussing various aspects of them... some are much older than others so I didn't want to resurrect the older ones... so decided to use this one - mods, please move to the appropriate thread if this is not the correct one.

Question: Can I do spit transactions on unlimited FP installments by calling in? Say, $4,000 on one CC and another $4,000 on another CC, and do this by calling in each month, including the first installment?
Not sure you couldn't--just need to make sure you change the CC on file. They must be able to do this as there are always instances where your CC is no longer valid--date, compromised etc. when a new card would be issued during the length of unlimited flight pass billings. No experience in this regard though.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Not sure you couldn't--just need to make sure you change the CC on file. They must be able to do this as there are always instances where your CC is no longer valid--date, compromised etc. when a new card would be issued during the length of unlimited flight pass billings. No experience in this regard though.
I am talking about a split transaction on a single installment.

The feature to use a different credit card on subsequent installments already exists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.