Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Minor Bumped at YYZ, Provided $10 for Overnight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minor Bumped at YYZ, Provided $10 for Overnight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
BTW, many YYZ and greater Toronto area hotels have been playing games with room/revenue mgnt.

Look at SPG for example. For the past few days a 7/30 checkin for 1 night had 1-2 results. for 2 nights had 3-4 results. for 3+ nights? 10 properties
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:46 am
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Why oh why did this story have to break the day before sym jr. (also a fifteen year old boy) takes his first solo TRANSPAC with a connection?
And why oh why did mrs sym have to read it?

Lots of stress for parents, but things worked out pretty well for sym jr. - I made him my nominee, there were upgraded seats available, and he gets 15 hours in J.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by SYM
Why oh why did this story have to break the day before sym jr. (also a fifteen year old boy) takes his first solo TRANSPAC with a connection?
And why oh why did mrs sym have to read it?

Lots of stress for parents, but things worked out pretty well for sym jr. - I made him my nominee, there were upgraded seats available, and he gets 15 hours in J.
And now he'll never...I repeat never...want to sit in Y again. If only Tango Jack can be so lucky.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by CanRulez
And now he'll never...I repeat never...want to sit in Y again. If only Tango Jack can be so lucky.
Tango Jack is flying home in J from Shanghai;p

also.. Tango Jack will never..ever ride in HD Y for TPAC..ever again.

Tango Jack is going to go to JAL from now on for TPAC Y.

Also envy sym Jr who did not "cheapen out" as per AC loyalist have said and went with Flex+. I can only pray for I award space to open up to escape the horrific , agonizing, awful HD Y

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Jul 29, 2016 at 8:08 am
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:56 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

Also envy sym Jr who did not "cheapen out" as per AC loyalist have said and went with Flex+. I can only pray for I award space to open up to escape the horrific , agonizing, awful HD Y
I am too lazy to look up the thread re how many drinks will get you cut-off, but in case anyone is interested, sym jr reports that he was cut-off ice cream after only 8.
He is an experienced kid and can definitely handle one small haagen-daaz every two hours.
I have submitted a request for compensation
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by SYM
I am too lazy to look up the thread re how many drinks will get you cut-off, but in case anyone is interested, sym jr reports that he was cut-off ice cream after only 8.
He is an experienced kid and can definitely handle one small haagen-daaz every two hours.
Blood Sugar Level Maximum overdrive....
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by SYM
They probably run out.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by SYM
Wow, my hat's off to him. Obviously he can hold his ice cream better than I can!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.