Wiki Posts
Search

Ideas for 10K MR/Vacation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Ideas for 10K MR/Vacation

I'm looking at doing a one-week vacation somewhere in the fall and need to earn at least 10K points to push me back over 50K. I'd like to travel in J so am looking at a few reasonably priced P fare options departing from YYC to Central/South America but was curious to see if anybody has any creative options elsewhere.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc..._ALLIANCE;mc=e

Play with the filters.

There are quite a few *A J fares to various South American cities in October.

Whether you need AQD also makes a bit of a difference, and exactly what you consider "reasonably priced".
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc..._ALLIANCE;mc=e

Play with the filters.

There are quite a few *A J fares to various South American cities in October.

Whether you need AQD also makes a bit of a difference, and exactly what you consider "reasonably priced".
Thanks Cow, that's actually where I'd found the fares in the first place. Ideally I'd like to keep the flights to ~3K and have a lot of flexibility on timing. AQD's are a not a problem as I'm already well past the requalification threshold.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing many J deals outside of South America so am trying to decide if I'm better off waiting for a sale to other parts of the world to pop up.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
YYC NRT

YYC-NRT return is around 9800 miles return on a Dreamliner. If you go in Y or PE you use less upgrade credits than if you are over 5000 each way. J like a bit high right now but you can do a direct flight in lowest PE return for less than flex $1959 on days I looked at, and with the 125% miles will earn 12,250 status points.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Building on folkart's comment, AC typically runs with J fares to Japan in the $3-3,500 range several times a year. Just keep on checking their web site. One week it's $3K, then a week or two later it's up to $6K.

November is actually a very pleasant time to visit Japan.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
you might be able to score a J ticket to PVG for $2800-3000 , just need to keep looking

R/T btw
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
How about a 30K round trip? Where would that be?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:39 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Going to be hard to beat that deal to BOG. Also, FYI, intra-Colombia flights on AV are often super-cheap, e.g. you could do a day trip from BOG to CTG for under $100 return if you would fly Y.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Wings100
How about a 30K round trip? Where would that be?
A trip to South Africa would likely be your best bet.

(also a lot of potential for maximizing miles, e.g. YYC-YVR-YYZ-IST-FRA-JNB-CPT is 30k miles and would earn you >40k AQM in P depending on the operating airlines).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: AC SE
anyone found the above yyc-cpt fare recently? im interested.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:25 am

I haven't seen it in a few months. I'm sure it will come back eventually.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 300rwhp
anyone found the above yyc-cpt fare recently? im interested.
Not going to help with *A but if you're feeling a little more adventurous YYZ-JNB is currently available on JV with long layovers in JED for ~3K for selected dates in October. https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...DYYZ1SV61;sc=b
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by fly_yag
I'm looking at doing a one-week vacation somewhere in the fall and need to earn at least 10K points to push me back over 50K. I'd like to travel in J so am looking at a few reasonably priced P fare options departing from YYC to Central/South America but was curious to see if anybody has any creative options elsewhere.
Head to TEL and spend and week in glorious Israel. You don't need to travel in J to get you 10K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.