Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Am I the only one who still can't log in on the app?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
don't get the mileage of flights anymore, nice to have when trying to figure your future status, some good features but some, maybe many not so good..."change is good, until it happens" applies here IMO...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Am I the only one who still can't log in on the app?
I had to uninstall the app and start fresh for it to work properly.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by iMedic
I had to uninstall the app and start fresh for it to work properly.
A delete + re-install + password reset later...it works!

Oh, AC IT...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:34 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I didn't have to delete, but I did have to rest my password (iPhone).
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
This app is terrible even by AC IT standards
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:04 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by james dean
don't get the mileage of flights anymore, nice to have when trying to figure your future status, some good features but some, maybe many not so good..."change is good, until it happens" applies here IMO...
When has AC ever provided that? That's why I built the calculator spreadsheet.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K

Oh, AC IT...
Me too.

The app continues to be confused as to whether my Mobile+ account is or isn't linked to my Aeroplan account. It behaves much as I would expect it to behave if they were already linked, but it nonetheless offers to link them and then, when I try to do so, tells me that it can't because the names don't match — my AE account has "Dr." in front of my name but Mobile+ doesn't allow titles.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:38 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
Me too.

The app continues to be confused as to whether my Mobile+ account is or isn't linked to my Aeroplan account.
The whole Mobile+ thing never worked consistently for me. With this app update, I simply used the forgotten password option and for some reason that fixed the linkage.

But totally understand the whole name match thing. My UA account collapses my first name and middle initial and appears that way on all my reservations. Tried changing a bunch of times but UA can't seem to make it happen.

You would think things like names on tickets not matching names on passports would cause an issue, but apparently not, at least in my case.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Now that I actually have a seemingly functional Air Canada app on my iPhone, I look forward to the day, maybe not too many months from now, when I'll be able to see one of these standby lists that I keep hearing about. I can't imagine why AC did it just for Android first. Is it not axiomatic that Apple fanboys are AC's best customers (and vice versa)?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
Now that I actually have a seemingly functional Air Canada app on my iPhone, I look forward to the day, maybe not too many months from now, when I'll be able to see one of these standby lists that I keep hearing about. I can't imagine why AC did it just for Android first. Is it not axiomatic that Apple fanboys are AC's best customers (and vice versa)?
If I had to guess, I'd say that:

1. Most of the users are iOS users, so it's better for them to test new features on Android, in case they explode
2. It's much easier to release an Android app than an iOS app
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Speaking of seemingly functional ...

Last night the app gave some random error on loading about being updated? I accidentally closed it, but didn't seem to affect the functionality, such as it is.

In other news, my eUped flight is showing as 12C Business Class. 12C is not J (in any AC aircraft?), it's not even PY, it's Y (preferred). I clicked on the option to change it but that, of course, does not work telling me that it's sorry but a technical problem has interrupted service. I can change the non eUped leg.

At another point in time, recently, the app told me it had lost wifi despite showing full wifi signal about 2m from the router. Now granted there was a ceiling in the way, but still a full signal.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jc94
At another point in time, recently, the app told me it had lost wifi despite showing full wifi signal about 2m from the router. Now granted there was a ceiling in the way, but still a full signal.
I've had that problem a number of times. AC/Aeroplan website will be down for some reason but it will say there's no network connection on the phone.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
So...while we've complained about the new site, and new app, I just noticed something on my flight yesterday.

The app now has the standby and upgrade list published. That's a good change if it's accurate. It says it's available T-24, so it's not SUPER useful to see if you think your upgrade will clear. But if they publish the list 1-10 in order of upgrade, then you'd be pretty clear I think.

Finally a positive improvement. I'm not a huge UA fan, but I am a big fan of the info at their gates and on the app being able to track aircraft back flight by flight. In the end it could help you win a EU dispute IMO. If you can tell that IAH-LAX was late at the beginning of the day then LAX-EWR was late cuz of that, and EWR-LIS was late and LIS-EWR 4+ hours late none of it weather related...you'd be able to have a case even if they didn't wanna admit it right away.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by drvannostren
So...while we've complained about the new site, and new app, I just noticed something on my flight yesterday.

The app now has the standby and upgrade list published. That's a good change if it's accurate. It says it's available T-24, so it's not SUPER useful to see if you think your upgrade will clear. But if they publish the list 1-10 in order of upgrade, then you'd be pretty clear I think.

Finally a positive improvement. I'm not a huge UA fan, but I am a big fan of the info at their gates and on the app being able to track aircraft back flight by flight. In the end it could help you win a EU dispute IMO. If you can tell that IAH-LAX was late at the beginning of the day then LAX-EWR was late cuz of that, and EWR-LIS was late and LIS-EWR 4+ hours late none of it weather related...you'd be able to have a case even if they didn't wanna admit it right away.

Are you referring to what is in this thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rade-list.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.