ITA Matrix Software

Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dread_specter
but if you call in, and ask if the agent uses Res3, you will never be told yes.
This is the only part of your post I disagree with.

If they say "yes", that line of questioning ends, and they can move on.

If they say "no", the next question is going to be "what do you use?"

So they're much more likely to say "yes", just to end the conversation
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Just thought I would chime in with clarifications here.
1- Agents at reservations cannot use AC.com for bookings. Ever. Including brand new ones (brand new agents that it). The same reservation system is used by all agents and is the exclusive tool.
2- The system you describe is not used at all at reservations. As this is somewhat senstitive information I won't elaborate more on that subject, but if you call in, and ask if the agent uses Res3, you will never be told yes.
And what are your qualifications for clarifying?

Mine are multiple, multiple, bookings via phone being quoted ac.com rates (exact same ones I can online) , and many of those time the agents have said we use the multi city tool (on ac.com) because they a) aren't trained on that section of RES b) hold times to ticketing/resource desk are too long due to a. And a failure of understanding of married segments, and how the multi city tool search engine on ac.com has been forever broken.

All new agents that are on probation still have 100% of their bookings QCed with callbacks and adjustments made if the agent prices the itinerary incorrectly. I've lost count the number of times I've heard the agent used the wrong reservation practices, booked on ac.com, didn't marry the segments etc.

2. If you ask closed ended questions, that may be why you get the results you do and leads to your confirmation bias. But successful people do the opposite.

Sorry if this breaks your utopian technical view of AC. But the only thing sensitive about this, is how much time is wasted, for top tier customers getting thing. Your empty argument does nothing

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 30, 2016 at 9:14 am
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by kwflyer
And what are your qualifications for clarifying?

Mine are multiple, multiple, bookings via phone being quoted ac.com rates (exact same ones I can online) , and many of those time the agents have said we use the multi city tool (on ac.com) because they a) aren't trained on that section of RES b) hold times to ticketing/resource desk are too long due to a. And a failure of understanding of married segments, and how the multi city tool search engine on ac.com has been forever broken.

All new agents that are on probation still have 100% of their bookings QCed with callbacks and adjustments made if the agent prices the itinerary incorrectly. I've lost count the number of times I've heard the agent used the wrong reservation practices, booked on ac.com, didn't marry the segments etc.

2. If you ask closed ended questions, that may be why you get the results you do and leads to your confirmation bias. But successful people do the opposite.

Sorry if this breaks your utopian technical view of AC. But the only thing sensitive about this, is how much time is wasted, for top tier customers getting thing. Your empty argument does nothing
So just know that your are incorrect. And I'm saying that in a "constructive", non snarky, matter of fact way.

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 30, 2016 at 12:25 pm Reason: comments on moderation
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
So just know that your are incorrect. And I'm saying that in a "constructive", non snarky, matter of fact way.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by kwflyer
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Let's throw a different number in that equation. Let's say you agreed with me and you were right. Because it's the only way you would be.

Are you the kind of person that tells a pilot how to fly his aircraft because you're a frequent caller at aircanada and you know better than him too?
I'm asking this 100% legitimately, with no snark or sarcasm.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
This is the only part of your post I disagree with.

If they say "yes", that line of questioning ends, and they can move on.

If they say "no", the next question is going to be "what do you use?"

So they're much more likely to say "yes", just to end the conversation
A good point indeed... Touché sir. Haha
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As this thread has drifted into a snark fest with little if any purpose time for some closure.

tcook052
Ac forum moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.