Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What is your biggest beef with Air Canada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your biggest beef with Air Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The beef, obviously.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Now that I think about it, can we even imagine a scenario where an employee at Ritz/Fairmont etc calls a customer "honey"?

How someone can defend AC for that behavior is beyond me. It's either address me by name, hell even by first name is fine, but don't you dare call me honey.

Baby is fine though Or daddy?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
"Honey" is what you call your customer if you're a diner waitress.
Maybe that's where their head was at.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet
"Honey" is what you call your customer if you're a diner waitress.
Maybe that's where their head was at.
Maybe she was a Rouge waitress, uh, FA.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by Stranger
I would expect this from a rouge waitress, uh, FA. Virtually everyone on the plane will be old enough to be her father. Or grandfather, if they're over 40.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:24 am

All my AC flights are in J long-haul: Shotty, inconsistent service and the food needs much improvement.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Stranger
Originally Posted by Symmetre
I would expect this from a rouge waitress, uh, FA. Virtually everyone on the plane will be old enough to be her father. Or grandfather, if they're over 40.
Um, Rougettes don't say "honey". Wrong generation. Prior to their Disney indoctrination, a few of them might have auto-replied "Dude!"

Now, if you want "honey", fly with those lovely matrons on the U.S. airlines.
I've never heard an AC matron say "honey", but I hear it on almost every flight on U.S. airlines. And, from what I've seen, it's an "equal-opportunity" honey. I heard "sweetie" a few times, but perhaps those pax were regulars on that route.

just saying....

As for the thread title "What is your biggest beef with Air Canada? ..."

Seriously, only asking for "your biggest beef"?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by imverge
All my AC flights are in J long-haul: Shotty, inconsistent service and the food needs much improvement.
when did AC starts serving food on long haul flights
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flybit
when did AC starts serving food on long haul flights

you don't want to call it food? OK. Admittedly way overcooked to point of being borderline unedible...
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Is it the training or their IQ? At the current wages, you don't get the highest level of employees. I find the problem with all NA airlines.
In every society, there are the bottom 50%. Employers of last resort provide dignity to participate as an equal, although I think there are lower thresholds set whereby special status is granted. I agree, we must keep this in mind when interacting with AC. I'm sure AC, being a top 500 employer or whatever awards they've won, hire even below this threshold to meet a charitable quota... or government imposed quota...
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
In every society, there are the bottom 50%. Employers of last resort provide dignity to participate as an equal, although I think there are lower thresholds set whereby special status is granted. I agree, we must keep this in mind when interacting with AC. I'm sure AC, being a top 500 employer or whatever awards they've won, hire even below this threshold to meet a charitable quota... or government imposed quota...
Is it wrong or illegal to be prejudiced against stupidity?

(Your wording reminded me of that guy who was asking, why can't they give the whole class an above average mark. True story BTW.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.