Wiki Posts
Search

How is AC 824/825 YYZ-AMS doing?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
How is AC 824/825 YYZ-AMS doing?

So I usually book KLM but this time decided to try out the newer AC nonstop YYZ to AMS because I need some aeroplan for my future RTW. My flight isnt until December (on a 767 but this summer is A330) but I am somewhat leary/nervous of how long AC will keep this flight. So my question is how is this flight doing for AC and will it be around for a while? Or Perhaps even Rouged?

Considering TS,KL,AC and OR all fly nonstop there is ground to be worried, non?
Old May 23, 2016, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by corruptcanadian
So I usually book KLM but this time decided to try out the newer AC nonstop YYZ to AMS because I need some aeroplan for my future RTW. My flight isnt until December (on a 767 but this summer is A330) but I am somewhat leary/nervous of how long AC will keep this flight. So my question is how is this flight doing for AC and will it be around for a while? Or Perhaps even Rouged?

The only people who know this prior to AC announcing it to the public are those in RM.

I don't know of a single FTer who works in RM at AC. Ergo, it's impossible to find the answer to your question.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by corruptcanadian
Don't forget 9W.

bawm
Old May 24, 2016, 8:14 am

I would think the chances of this route getting Rouged in the winter is small. Next summer maybe.
If the route gets cancelled, you'll be able to route through Germany and get extra miles.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
I operate this route year-round and while I've been known to be wrong I don't see either scenario happening (being Rouged or Cancelled). Upon the start up of Rouge I would have predicted that YYZ-AMS would have been one of the very first assigned ACR routes. Not so. By all accounts the route is doing well against the stronghold that KL has at AMS. My last rotation on the A330 - 100% and 99% load factors respectively.

Look at MAD. Short seasonal window of operation. Non-Rouged and this year upgauged to 787 daily. You never know.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I operate this route year-round and while I've been known to be wrong I don't see either scenario happening (being Rouged or Cancelled). Upon the start up of Rouge I would have predicted that YYZ-AMS would have been one of the very first assigned ACR routes. Not so. By all accounts the route is doing well against the stronghold that KL has at AMS. My last rotation on the A330 - 100% and 99% load factors respectively.
Great to see seats filled but fair to wonder at what price into Amsterdam. Having densified-TS on the low end and KLM w/ J offering and extensive beyond-AMS network cannot be easy.

I don't think AC will close shop in AMS, but if Rouge gets the nod to take over, it would not be a surprise at all IMO.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
I flew that route just this last weekend. Don't know about the back but the front was full. It was the A330.

And the entire crew was fantastic, particularly the SD which was simply outstanding. He put a smile on everyone's face ^^.

I had a nice chat with the route supervisor that was on my flight; certainly an indication that AC is assessing this route but I don't think it would be for a downgrade.

Have fun in AMS !
Old May 26, 2016, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Thanks everyone for the input. Just one thing i would mention is that just because it is full doesnt equate to profitability. KL always has 2 flights in the summer and it looks like they have the 787 coming this summer too. Looking forward to compare AC and KL this winter.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Flying AMS-YYZ (AC 825) in April. I wonder what's happening on April 13 as economy will be sold out soon already, if you preview the seat availability. They could probably fill an economy section on a 77W that day with the way it is selling 7 months ahead.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jtpc
Flying AMS-YYZ (AC 825) in April. I wonder what's happening on April 13 as economy will be sold out soon already, if you preview the seat availability. They could probably fill an economy section on a 77W that day with the way it is selling 7 months ahead.
to increase capacity then AC should put on a 767 ROUGE.

Calin is trying to get permission to add more Rouge plans from the pilots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.