Wiki Posts
Search

Where do I jet off to last minute?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Thanks!

I genuinely do worry whether or not flying F will ruin my J experience. I know of a certain FTer on here that has now come down with this....uhh, what do we call it?....standard of flying? (I was thinking "illness" but wow, what a first world issue)

I mean, I've done CX F and that didn't ruin my J experience so here's hoping.

I hope my love...err, disease with BR stays. Less YQ
I haven't flown LH F, but I have seen you post (with near religious fervor) about BR and I would be EXTREMELY surprised if flying F ruined BR for you
Old May 23, 2016, 3:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by montezume
I haven't flown LH F, but I have seen you post (with near religious fervor) about BR and I would be EXTREMELY surprised if flying F ruined BR for you
Near religious?

I'd say I'm pretty religious about flying BR. That being said, canadiancow's experience with LH had me pretty surprised so my expectations from this trip are next to nil.

So if I don't get a cranky German FA, I think I'll be OK.

Here's my perfect airline.

Rouge FA's. BR's Taiwanese food and hard product (yes, I know this is something Cow and I disagree on), and BR's plane. Or maybe even "just" CX F food. That was pretty good too.

Can't have them all. The damn Pokemon lied to me.

I'm thinking ANA or NH after this.

I'm going to go broke doing this.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Near religious?

I'd say I'm pretty religious about flying BR. That being said, canadiancow's experience with LH had me pretty surprised so my expectations from this trip are next to nil.

So if I don't get a cranky German FA, I think I'll be OK.

Here's my perfect airline.

Rouge FA's. BR's Taiwanese food and hard product (yes, I know this is something Cow and I disagree on), and BR's plane. Or maybe even "just" CX F food. That was pretty good too.

Can't have them all. The damn Pokemon lied to me.

I'm thinking ANA or NH after this.

I'm going to go broke doing this.
I would take CX all around. Amazing crew. Amazing hard product. Amazing soft product.

FYI, ANA == NH
Old May 23, 2016, 3:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I would take CX all around. Amazing crew. Amazing hard product. Amazing soft product.

FYI, ANA == NH
Brain fart. As you know I'm all over the place right now.

I disliked CX's crew. I found their service to be cold. That and their cabins are too warm for my liking.

That being said, I'd take them over AC in a heartbeat. So where am I jetting to last minute?

Somewhere that I can redeem on AP
Old May 23, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Thanks!

I genuinely do worry whether or not flying F will ruin my J experience. I know of a certain FTer on here that has now come down with this....uhh, what do we call it?....standard of flying? (I was thinking "illness" but wow, what a first world issue)

I mean, I've done CX F and that didn't ruin my J experience so here's hoping.

I hope my love...err, disease with BR stays. Less YQ
Has never ruined my J flying. Sure it is offen better...but only by a margin.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:58 pm

I did it

I know this thread has gone quite in-depth about some of the items brought up in discussion, but just wanted to share that I'm the guy who ended up booking YYZ-AMS in LH J/F as a result of this thread.

I just got back home few hours ago and will be posting a trip summary in the other thread along with pictures.

In case you guys are curious, you can search for #amsjot on Instagram. My adventures included experiencing J ad F in LH; walking around in Amsterdam, some pubic transit, IRROPS at AMS (came really closing to missing MUC-YYZ), LH limo service at MUC and trying 9 different wines in under 8 hours.

Regardless of what some people mentioned (feeling sad etc.), I thoroughly enjoyed every single second of my trip, would definitely do it again. Who knows, maybe even this coming weekend

Thanks to everyone from this forum; I'm learning as I go along and am really glad to be part of this community.

Gonna hit the bed now, back to work tomorrow.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by hsandhar
I know this thread has gone quite in-depth about some of the items brought up in discussion, but just wanted to share that I'm the guy who ended up booking YYZ-AMS in LH J/F as a result of this thread.

I just got back home few hours ago and will be posting a trip summary in the other thread along with pictures.

In case you guys are curious, you can search for #amsjot on Instagram. My adventures included experiencing J ad F in LH; walking around in Amsterdam, some pubic transit, IRROPS at AMS (came really closing to missing MUC-YYZ), LH limo service at MUC and trying 9 different wines in under 8 hours.

Regardless of what some people mentioned (feeling sad etc.), I thoroughly enjoyed every single second of my trip, would definitely do it again. Who knows, maybe even this coming weekend

Thanks to everyone from this forum; I'm learning as I go along and am really glad to be part of this community.

AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Congratulations!! I'm glad there was more "good" done by this thread other than me blowing points! Enjoy your trip!!

#enablers.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus

This was great! Thanks for the nice photos!
Old May 24, 2016, 10:55 am

You're welcome guys. I'm glad you enjoyed them.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Score TPE "Please don't enslave me form" filled out and returned. (military conscription). Who is going to TPE again? I may join!

My LH F trip got cancelled. Stupid work this weekend
Old May 27, 2016, 12:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Score TPE "Please don't enslave me form" filled out and returned. (military conscription). Who is going to TPE again? I may join!

My LH F trip got cancelled. Stupid work this weekend
I'm jetting off to Toronto this weekend. But it's not very last minute. It was booked 7 days in advance.

My Wednesday night in Vegas, however, was booked late enough that I had to run out of the office, home to "pack", and then to the airport. I was through security after boarding was in process.
Old May 27, 2016, 1:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm jetting off to Toronto this weekend. But it's not very last minute. It was booked 7 days in advance.

My Wednesday night in Vegas, however, was booked late enough that I had to run out of the office, home to "pack", and then to the airport. I was through security after boarding was in process.
And yet you didn't FB me or anything. Would be great to catch up.

Anyways, WOOHOO, got my Taiwan thing from the government that I can enter the country and leave without being enslaved for military service.

BR35 here I come baby.
Old May 27, 2016, 1:39 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
And yet you didn't FB me or anything. Would be great to catch up.

Anyways, WOOHOO, got my Taiwan thing from the government that I can enter the country and leave without being enslaved for military service.

BR35 here I come baby.
Stopping by in PVG on the way back?
Old May 27, 2016, 1:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Stopping by in PVG on the way back?
No I have issues with Taiwan, do you think I'll try China?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.