Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Okay just given the response on this thread, I'm bumping my estimate up to $4000 for top 20

I'm just sitting here tweaking my algorithm, warming it up. It's interesting seeing how many routes have changed since last year. Some new ones have sprung up, and some old ones are gone.

I'm going to do some explorations using last year's rules to see if just doing weekends out of SFO might work.
$4K I can do, time is not an issue I only have one block of time I am away July 1st to 10th! Wife said I am not allowed to spent $20K just to be SE and I agreed, being E50/E75 for next year with an additional 500,000 AP will work for me. Plus there are all of those Powerball, 6/49 & Lotto Max tickets I can purchase at different airports to win the lottery, then I can become a SE again
Old May 10, 2016, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
I think be game to fly if guided by some of the prior winners via PM. 3 family SE100k accounts w/100 eups each to tap into. I'm usually either a 3hr drive from YYZ or a 10min shuttle from LAS.

Some mileage/status runs planned but can be changed or skipped. South Africa planned 7/5-7/13, dates flexible for a change fee. Pair of US-Australia $199 round trips booked but could be skipped as upgrade chances look low.

Flew 1500 segments, 100% B737, from 2001-2015. Last year I finally broke down and flew on Airbus, CRJ, and EMB equipment.. Even 5-6 flights on regional carriers. No turboprop or (gasp) single engine piston aircraft yet.

Somehow I think EYW would conquer those last steps... in a big way
I don't think you'll be on any single engine planes during EYW.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I don't think you'll be on any single engine planes during EYW.
Isn't the Beechcraft the only single engine aircraft in AC's (regional) fleet?
Old May 10, 2016, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by yvr76

ummm do you want to try that again? AC is not flying caravans.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Every aircraft that AC operates has at least 2 engines.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
I bet the new YHM route will come into play this year. And if so, there will be some good MRing/lucrative cnx opportunities. I also see YMM (if and when they get back up) and BRU, CDG, being on the list for special badges

IAD, SJC, and JAX also see some special offers. PIT as well now that PD is in town.

YXX is a possibility. I've heard mixed reviews of those flights. Long route for no cnx opportunity though

Wildcard is will there be a rouge badge for those who decide to fly their domestic routes at mainline prices

I'd also like to see a social media badge that allows you to instagram/tweet photos of certain AC products/destinations for a badge. To better leverage their different social media channels.

An amazing race badge would also be cool. Whereby you get one for flying in half of the airports that teams have travelled for (participant) and one for travelling through all airports (finalists)

I suspect with Ditullio's departure, the promo wont be as creative/generous as years past.

Last edited by kwflyer; May 10, 2016 at 11:22 am
Old May 10, 2016, 11:34 am

Last I checked, it had two

Originally Posted by kwflyer
I bet the new YHM route will come into play this year. And if so, there will be some good MRing/lucrative cnx opportunities. I also see YMM (if and when they get back up) and BRU, CDG, being on the list for special badges

IAD, SJC, and JAX also see some special offers. PIT as well now that PD is in town.

YXX is a possibility. I've heard mixed reviews of those flights. Long route for no cnx opportunity though

Wildcard is will there be a rouge badge for those who decide to fly their domestic routes at mainline prices

I'd also like to see a social media badge that allows you to instagram/tweet photos of certain AC products/destinations for a badge. To better leverage their different social media channels.

An amazing race badge would also be cool. Whereby you get one for flying in half of the airports that teams have travelled for (participant) and one for travelling through all airports (finalists)

I suspect with Ditullio's departure, the promo wont be as creative/generous as years past.
Yeah I was looking at all the new routes and came to some similar conclusions. I'm not sure they're going to want a "disaster area/terrorist attack" badge though.

Speaking of his departure, did you notice QR has a similar promo?
Old May 10, 2016, 11:43 am
Suspended

Last I checked, it had two

Yeah I was looking at all the new routes and came to some similar conclusions. I'm not sure they're going to want a "disaster area/terrorist attack" badge though.

Speaking of his departure, did you notice QR has a similar promo?
You don't say.

His PhD was largely in gamification marketing, and used AC to shuttle him to and from the UK campus ex YUL (similar to another AC rep using AC to learn about marketing overseas). He stayed with AC long enough to finish his PhD and shortly after graduation, jumped ship to QR.

Anyway, I think for YMM,BRU, and possibly CDG they will be roped into a more achievable badge (with other airports) rather than promoting dark tourism.

Last edited by kwflyer; May 10, 2016 at 11:52 am
Old May 10, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Will likely sit this one out.

Just booked a bunch of flights inside the period that won't qualify.
Old May 10, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by kwflyer

Some pretty good speculation - they tend to focus on new routes, and routes where load factors may have dropped off.

As far as some areas where load factors have dropped off, I'd expect we may see some of the oil and gas related cities featured more prominently this round. Stations like YYT, YEG, YYC, YQU, YXJ, and YMM haven't had much focus in past promos as planes were full over the past few years, but from what I see/hear, loads have dropped off pretty significantly this year. Perhaps an Oil Baron badge or something like that this year?
Old May 10, 2016, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gcashin
Some pretty good speculation - they tend to focus on new routes, and routes where load factors may have dropped off.

As far as some areas where load factors have dropped off, I'd expect we may see some of the oil and gas related cities featured more prominently this round. Stations like YYT, YEG, YYC, YQU, YXJ, and YMM haven't had much focus in past promos as planes were full over the past few years, but from what I see/hear, loads have dropped off pretty significantly this year. Perhaps an Oil Baron badge or something like that this year?
How about an economic stimulus badge?

I would also see something for LGW now as well as its a)new route on Rouge and more importantly b) WestJet is flying there this year as well and there prices are excellent.

A Winery badge that includes flying YHM, YLW along with travelling to a smaller wine region of Canada would be neat as well. Extra points if AC could arrange a pitstop bonus at the wine tasting desk at YLW.
Old May 10, 2016, 9:12 pm

And due to more comments I've received offline, I'm revising my estimate to $5000.
Old May 10, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
And due to more comments I've received offline, I'm revising my estimate to $5000.
CPM is still good, though depends on how much value you place on the time.
Old May 10, 2016, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
CPM is still good, though depends on how much value you place on the time.
If YOU are willing to pay $5k, I may have to double the estimate
Old May 10, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I guess on Monday we will see just what the challenges and rewards will be and just how much we are willing to shell out to "Play a game" <----- remember the movie where that line came from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.