Wiki Posts
Search

BIG fare difference

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
BIG fare difference

I am going to Vlissingen in Holland - about the same distance from Amsterdam or Brussels in September.

Just booked flying to Brussels from Halifax = $707. Amsterdam was $1,345 = a $638 difference!

Buys lots of extra Heinekens ...
Old May 2, 2016, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
I am going to Vlissingen in Holland - about the same distance from Amsterdam or Brussels in September.

Just booked flying to Brussels from Halifax = $707. Amsterdam was $1,345 = a $638 difference!

Buys lots of extra Heinekens ...
Any chance that prices are somewhat related to getting pax back to BRU? Some incentive?
Old May 2, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Any chance that prices are somewhat related to getting pax back to BRU? Some incentive?
Oh definitely. But of course, yyznomad already knows that.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Oh definitely. But of course, yyznomad already knows that.
If I knew that, I would've typed it as an outright statement.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
There are some AC fares to AMS in Sept. for around CAD$980 all in return.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Actually, the fares to BRU were much lower than to AMS even before the attack. We bought our tickets in February and chose Brussels for a trip that was supposed to be to Holland in August.

Our car rentals are much cheaper too, but that may be a post attack thing.

I assume you checked Icelandair and AA. They sometimes have good rates to AMS from YHZ, especially in the off season. My in-laws go home to Holland almost every year, and usually end up on Icelandair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.