Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Altitude Luggage Tags

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by 24left
Hello. Let's recap

In the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ment-card.html thread, a nice collection of AC FTers received replacements cards that they DID NOT ask for.

Mr Peever put in a request October 2015 for a replacement card.

It is now May 2016. He has not received his card.

Soooooo, either you were being funny and forgot your emoji, or you missed the other thread

This
Old May 1, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I ordered a replacement set of luggage tags (got home after one trip and one was missing off my bag) the 3rd week of March. I was told via email that they would be delivered in 2-4 weeks. I still have not received them.

I did, however, receive a new replacement Altitude card that I never ordered.
Old May 1, 2016, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K / Marriott Silver Elite / SPG
Originally Posted by Plumber
I ordered a replacement set of luggage tags (got home after one trip and one was missing off my bag) the 3rd week of March. I was told via email that they would be delivered in 2-4 weeks. I still have not received them.

I did, however, receive a new replacement Altitude card that I never ordered.
Yep, that's when I placed my initial replacement.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Just heard back from AC.

"Hello [SAP],

We've been advised by our Altitude team that the bag tags have now been ordered for you. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Air Canada Social Media /cc"

So what did you do the first two times?!
Old May 2, 2016, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Just heard back from AC.

"Hello [SAP],

We've been advised by our Altitude team that the bag tags have now been ordered for you. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Air Canada Social Media /cc"

So what did you do the first two times?!
Maybe that was from the first time and you are going to get 6 more tags, plus 2 more emails
Old May 2, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Do you want mine? Never used them!!! They don't even have Lllahim on them so you are safe.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Maybe that was from the first time and you are going to get 6 more tags, plus 2 more emails
I wouldn't mind. This year's tags are quite nice and my fav. so far.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:40 am
Original Poster

SAP, was this through Twitter or FB? Guess I have to jump on the bandwagon and make an account and then escalate through Social Media...I can't believe I have to rely on Social Media to get things resolved instead of an live agent.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyer4Ever
SAP, was this through Twitter or FB? Guess I have to jump on the bandwagon and make an account and then escalate through Social Media...I can't believe I have to rely on Social Media to get things resolved instead of an live agent.
Facebook
Old May 2, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC SE
I know how to get a replacement aeroplan card... but where do you request the replacement bag tags? I've already had a 2016 tag rip off and would be happy with some more.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by epiphani
I know how to get a replacement aeroplan card... but where do you request the replacement bag tags? I've already had a 2016 tag rip off and would be happy with some more.
Facebook for one. Twitter. I don't tweet as I'm not a twit, but FB works well.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I'm sure that I will hurt someone's sensibilities with the following comment, so I wish to make clear, this is not motivated by a need to poke anyone's ego.

Why the need for the AC baggage tags? What benefit do they provide? If you are flying in premium economy or business class, your checked baggage tags will be coded appropriately. As was explained by multiple folks, even the priority tags serve no purpose other than for show: All that matters is what the baggage tag code says. If flying in Y, an AC baggage tag adds no value.

If the explanation is that the tags identify the bag, I get it, but if you keep losing the tags, then maybe the manner in which the tags are prominently displayed should revisited. I use my tags, but my bag has an id card pocket.

If used on carry on, how can you lose your tags so easily? Those wire screw ons are pretty strong.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Why the need for the AC baggage tags? What benefit do they provide? If you are flying in premium economy or business class, your checked baggage tags will be coded appropriately. As was explained by multiple folks, even the priority tags serve no purpose other than for show: All that matters is what the baggage tag code says. If flying in Y, an AC baggage tag adds no value.
Two things... with SE tags, I've never been asked to put my bag through the sizer, and I've also never had an FA try to move my bag in the overheads when the inevitable carry-on crunch kicks in. I consider the SE tag as a "dont screw with my baggage" tag. (Applies to carry-on only.)

If used on carry on, how can you lose your tags so easily? Those wire screw ons are pretty strong.
The wire screw-ons work great. The tag itself gets ripped off the wire.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by epiphani
Two things... with SE tags, I've never been asked to put my bag through the sizer, and I've also never had an FA try to move my bag in the overheads when the inevitable carry-on crunch kicks in. I consider the SE tag as a "dont screw with my baggage" tag. (Applies to carry-on only.)
That, and you avoid the "Sir, this line is for BUSINESS CLASS passengers."

I also have Fairmont Platinum tags. I only put them on when I'm going to be staying at a Fairmont. Not because I think my bag will go missing, but to improve the service I receive.
Old May 6, 2016, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Quick update, received my luggage tags via FedEx today!
I'm curious though, the origin on my parcel states FSA / Data Group, what company is this, and did Air Canada outsource their marketing to this company?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.