Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recognizing your loyalty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Ok, so according to another post I read today, I'm supposed to know who you are....but your alias makes it difficult to decipher.

I haven't read the threads about you yet...

But now I'm curious....

Can you point me to the threads or pm me...?

Thanks...
He's a world renowned pianist from Calgary. Trust me, there aren't many of them.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:25 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Maybe they're trialling it in YVR to see the FT reaction?

I would have said "Okay, thanks." in response to "I will just go take away the breakfast from another passenger".

Someone's going to be annoyed, and it's up to the FA to determine whether it will be the SE or the other person
If they would publish the benefit of order taking etc..... Flight crew may feel more obliged to follow simple protocol ( that is presumably in place )
I' m not holding my breath they this will happen
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
I called the concierge desk to do a SDC last week and got a thank you for my loyalty at the end. Until I read this thread I just thought it was a one of. Seems like there may be a broader push here.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I had a conversation with a senior executive (someone without a FT account) at Air Canada about this just a little bit ago. They are working on this exact topic (engaging with customers like the way they are in this thread).

FWIW.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC E75K, *G
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I had a conversation with a senior executive (someone without a FT account) at Air Canada about this just a little bit ago. They are working on this exact topic (engaging with customers like the way they are in this thread).

FWIW.
Thanks for the heads-up. It would definitely be nice to see better customer service for some individuals.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KChu
Thanks for the heads-up. It would definitely be nice to see better customer service for some individuals.
For sure. They are working at improving customer service all up.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
This has happened to me and I was told the other pax were SE's too. When I went to the washroom, I checked the manifest and the the other pax were not SE's, but staff. I find a lot of AC problems are from few bad staff that only keep their jobs because of the union.
Regarding Ziptie's post as well... If it's any consolation I've been dead last on a full 42J TATL flight and got the same response from the FA. Sometimes they just don't care. I got a rolleyes and she said that she would give up her own meal for me but I was like uh don't put me in that position of villain! Luckily these are the rare types... I hope.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Regarding Ziptie's post as well... If it's any consolation I've been dead last on a full 42J TATL flight and got the same response from the FA. Sometimes they just don't care. I got a rolleyes and she said that she would give up her own meal for me but I was like uh don't put me in that position of villain! Luckily these are the rare types... I hope.
To be fair to AC, since I became SE, I don't think there's a single flight where they haven't done priority meals and I've been among the first to be asked.

I may not have nomad-esque levels of travel, but I fly to see Grandma at least two, sometimes even THREE times a year, so I'm definitely an authority.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: SEMM,SPG Plat
To be fair this was an unusual circumstance, I have been asked last or near last before but usually get my choice or a least a better attitude.
On my next flight however sitting in PE I was welcomed onboard and thanked for being SE by BOTH SD's. And asked continuously throughout the flight if there was anything they could get me or do to provide comfort or items from the galley. So much so that the 2 older ladies sitting beside me asked me about 1/2 way through the flight if I was someone famous or something, because of the way the FA's were treating me. It was a bit over the top but the gestures seemed very genuine.
I won't lose any sleep over not getting my fruit plate, but I though that particular FA could use some re training or at least some better social skills.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
That's because SparseFlyer reported you to AC Head-office.

yyznomad - Customer Service FAIL if my memory serves me right.

What goes around, comes around
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by Ziptie
My thanks this morning for my loyalty in J was. "Oh I'm sorry sir, I just gave away the last fruit plate that you want" when I asked why she did not follow the protocol and ask SE first, her response was " Well then!, I will just go take away the breakfast from another passenger"
I politely declined her offer to "take someone else's breakfast" and had a coffee instead.
Definitely not feeling the love.
Happens on the best of airlines. Last, BR flight, the FA gave my pre-order beef dish to someone else and offered me some sort of pig buttocks or foreleg joint or whatever the disgusting concoction was. Like, yo lady, how stoopid can you be? I had to wait 15 minutes for someone to come back and address the issue. No other options left over except the usual fanciful names for unappetizing mammalian entrails or scavenger fish. The end result was, no dinner for me. The difference with AC was that the BR SD was genuinely apologetic and offered me a gift from duty free which I declined. I wasn't looking for a gift but my meal. I haven't flown on BR for the past 3 months because of this incident.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:24 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Upon entering YVR TB MLL, "Thank you Mr. cow, and thank you for your loyalty to Air Canada."

On board, 13A and 13D both had SEs that were welcomed by the SD.

New standard? One offs?
It seems to be the new standard with SE, I've had the same treatment in J on board AC 858 on Thursday, plus a concierge waiting for me upon my arrival in London.

On the return flight on AC 859 yesterday, the flight was half full, I had row 12E to myself and the SD came to great me before taking off and before landing.

A nice touch similar to what I get each time I fly with CX.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100K | 54,361 AQM | HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dtman85
The closest I got to an acknowledgement as an SE was by the check in agent.

"Oh you're a superelite, you look too young to be one".
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Humblebrag?
I get this a lot as well. I look younger (but not that young) and I often fly in comfortable clothes rather than a suit but I never look like a bum.

My worst experience was a gate agent at YYZ who condescendingly told me they were only boarding zone 1 at the time and wouldn't even take my boarding pass. I finally shoved it in his face, he took my ID and compared it for almost a full minute before saying "okay now I believe you" and graciously let me on the plane so I could go to my J seat.

I can also echo others who said SDs often double check my name more than once when they come to my seat first for meal selection. Typically the man or women next to me will get a sir or ma'am while I get a "what would you like".

I can only assume they think I'm using my father's card and I have the same name or something, but I still don't understand why they would assume a 26 year old could not be SE.

I did 125k miles last year and I'm already at 40k miles this year.

Last edited by domfreqflyer; Apr 12, 2016 at 1:10 pm
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by domfreqflyer
I get this a lot as well. I look younger (but not that young) and I often fly in comfortable clothes rather than a suit but I never look like a bum.

My worst experience was a gate agent at YYZ who condescendingly told me they were only boarding zone 1 at the time and wouldn't even take my boarding pass. I finally shoved it in his face, he took my ID and compared it for almost a full minute before saying "okay now I believe you" and graciously let me on the plane so I could go to my J seat.

I can also echo others who said SDs often double check my name more than once when they come to my seat first for meal selection. Typically the man or women next to me will get a sir or ma'am while I get a "what would you like".

I can only assume they think I'm using my father's card and I have the same name or something, but I still don't understand why they would assume a 26 year old could not be SE.

I did 125k miles last year and I'm already at 40k miles this year.

Well then, let me introduce you to Mr. Cow. It seems you have some common experiences.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
When I was outfitting sweatpants and t shirts with a huge backpack while boarding as a latitude ticket holder it was a pretty funny experience lol, the GA's jaw was on the ground after I waved the ticket in her face after blocked me off.

Break the stigma/ "P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.