Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:59 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Comment from my colleague, who is SEMM and flies a lot, but not sophisticated about it, on the new website yesterday:

I don't understand why they made this new website. Everything is bigger, but nothing works and it's slow.
Yup.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Oh look, the yellow banner is back. You can choose.

So, you get the old site's booking page back

But then, you select a city and some dates.....

And instead of the old site, you're back in hell

So, you try to go back and start all over

And it just keeps going like this

AS FOR THE "NEW" BETA SITE, CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED TO THE "MODIFY SEARCH" BUTTON

You know, these

Not here

I did have some choice words, but I self-edited. But I'm pretty sure others are in agreement with the overall sentiment.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by 24left
[B]

I did have some choice words, but I self-edited. But I'm pretty sure others are in agreement with the overall sentiment.
Absolutely!

And based on my attempted searches in the last few days, the absence of the "Modify Search" button is one of the biggest problems, exacerbating an already dire website.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Another one:
Logged in as E50K. Make a search, select a flex fare, you are still quoted full price for baggage check and preferred seat selection. Beautiful.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Just opened it on Safari and got the old site through and through. Chrome still opens the new one. Discount code not recognized by either. This will be a fun call.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Completed my first booking on the new site. As usual, I print a PDF of my itinerary at the end of the process. Didn't look at the PDF, closed the transaction confirmation window.

Open the 5-page PDF to see that it contains a completely blank last page. You know what it doesn't contain? My PNR, the destination airport for each segment and my seat selection. Sentences are cutoff mid-way.

You would think that someone who puts a "print" button on a webpage would see if the output is usable

Edit: The PNR is actually there, all by itself, on its own shaded line, surrounded by plenty of white space. I should've noticed it. Mia culpa

The rest of my complaints stand

Last edited by ffsim; Aug 27, 2016 at 8:12 pm
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posting this in the correct thread.

Loving the new site.

Not loving the new Rouge.

Originally Posted by Mauricio23
Another one:
Logged in as E50K. Make a search, select a flex fare, you are still quoted full price for baggage check and preferred seat selection. Beautiful.
I don't seem to recall this working for me on the old site either. It only worked when picking seats through the manage booking option.
Given it doesn't auto-select ones status (probably to avoid complaints of not being able to change it) there is no clear indication the site actually operates differently once logged in - at least, not until you hit the step to enter all ones details.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jc94
Posting this in the correct thread.

Loving the new site.

Not loving the new Rouge.

AWESOME

Love what you've done with the room. New shade of grey?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by 24left
AWESOME

Love what you've done with the room. New shade of grey?
49 to go.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jc94
49 to go.
Thank god I'd finished my coffee.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
OMG the new site needs work!

Always times out and your stuck - too many searches it crashes

OH I hate that spinning jet now! It just goes round and round like a hamster in a hamster wheel!
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Always times out and your stuck - too many searches it crashes

OH I hate that spinning jet now! It just goes round and round like a hamster in a hamster wheel!
I had that happen earlier today, but was able to complete the booking on the second try.

Although it should only take one try to book a simple itinerary like YYC-LAX-YYC. Or anything, really.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:49 pm
Suspended

OMG the new site needs work!

Quick, call the Understatement Police. LOL

......OH I hate that spinning jet now! It just goes round and round like a hamster in a hamster wheel!
Yup
Attached Images  
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Why so much hate?

I don't understand all of this angst and anger. Who needs a functional website when we've got a fine plane pic, soothing colours and large fonts? Shame on you all for dumping on AC. Think of all the money they've probably lost already and yet, kudos to them, they're sticking to their guns for your aesthetic pleasure.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Also, think of all the incompetent developers that they're employing. That's a truly patriotic act, giving work to people who otherwise would be unemployed or might be forced to improve their skills or find some other career path.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.