Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:00 am

same freaking password issues with iPhone 6 Plus ( OS 9.2.1)

Site locks up browser if your login saved password is wrong and won't let you change to correct one.

Work around, go into saved passwards on phone and change there.

Now site works
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Orcair
I like the overall feel, but my god, why is there such a low-resolution photo of the 787 on their front page? ....

Seriously low res

Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Seriously low res

I noticed the crap quality image too.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:06 am

Thumbs down Not liking the new site

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
How do you like the new Air Canada website?

I really dislike the new site. Ridiculous useless photos make the pages slower to load, suck up bandwidth, and make it harder to find information since less actual content fits on the screen.

Several pages have dynamic content that needs to load as you click stuff, making the experience sluggish and distracting. Getting to a specific bit of data, like booking information for a flight have, takes more clicks in more attention. In general, one slow loading page is better than 5 semi-slow ones since at least I can do something else for a minute. In short, I find the new web design a huge disappointment for little improvement in functionality, as far as I can see.

As I type this I am waiting for their priority phone support: I've been waiting 20 minutes so far. I generally like AC, but changes like this, and forcing me to fly Rouge (for no points), I feel that they are doing their best to drive me away.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:08 am

a positive comment, way way overdue change. Old site had pre Y2K feel to it, now it at least looks and feels like 21st century web site. Now if it can function properly they will be on to something.

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Ew.... Don't like the mobile version on iPhone Safari. Scrolling down the page is not smooth, the horizontal scrolling is backwards, the horizontal pages sometimes disappear and shows all the sections at once.

As for the flight search section... Is there really a need to change what is shown on the screen when I select one of the fields? For example, tapping on the departures field will change the page to read departures and I now have to tap the back arrow on the page (not the browser) to get back to see all the fields if I made a mistake and tapped on the wrong field. Super annoying.

And no way to see the full site if I am on a mobile device?
Suspended

This one seems better and is certainly a nicer shot

Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Unbelievable.

I am sure that people will think I am being harsh on Air Canada, but this is the worst website roll-out I have seen from any major business in 20 years. It doesn't work. It just doesn't work, and portions are the old style, portions are new, things that used to be one click away are two or three, password/login issues are rampant.

Dear AC: this is unbelievably, embarrassingly awful for you. It is terrible. It is incompetent.

And for anyone that thinks that is over the top: name one other Fortune 100 business that has screwed their website up so bad. Bad to the point where some browsers won't allow you to log in, at all. Where major features are hard to find. Name one.

What a joke.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by adam.smith
The new site is unusable on my Galaxy S3. Incredibly unresponsive to bring up fields for departure city and so on, the sign-in link under manage bookings doesn't work, etc. Basically, I can't do anything. A vast downgrade on the previous site thus far, then. Way to go, AC
Time to get a new phone?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:26 am
Suspended

Just noticed as well, on the Site Map page, did someone not care about how this page looked when they proofed it?

Maybe a small thing, but is there a reason it is poorly displayed and has a clear lack of consistency with CAPS?

Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Time to get a new phone?
Great idea!

Maybe AC could e-mail us a list of working devices we can use for their convenience.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Pop-ups load at the wrong size to display their content.

Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I was really hoping for an AQD counter. You know, like the one United's had since they introduced the dollars concept.

...then I realized that the flight selection page is still the same one they've had for ages.

I believe the phrase we're looking for is "lipstick on a pig".
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Can anyone figure out where to login for flight passes? Trying to book a flight this morning and I think I'm just going to call.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Can anyone figure out where to login for flight passes? Trying to book a flight this morning and I think I'm just going to call.
As far as I can tell website support for flight passes has been discontinued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.