Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

25,000 bonus AE Miles for flights within North America

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

For NEW bookings between January 14 and March 15 and travel between January 14 and April 30. The cumulative 25,000 miles is obtained after 21 flight segments in Flex fare or above for domestic, US, Mexico and Caribbean destinations.

As with most bonus miles promo, these do not qualify as AQM

There are blackout travel dates for this promotion: March 24-29

https://www3.aeroplan.com/AC_bonusmi...entLanguage=en

Last edited by YOWCDNFF; Jan 14, 2016 at 10:51 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I got this upon registration:

Please note that some promotions are offered by invitation, so bonus miles for those promotions will be credited only if you have been invited to participate and have fully qualified for the offer.

Does this mean I don't qualify?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin

Please note that some promotions are offered by invitation, so bonus miles for those promotions will be credited only if you have been invited to participate and have fully qualified for the offer.

It means their *insert your favourite adjective here* IT is too stupid to determine whether or not you qualify.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: AC SE

No, I've seen this appear often on promotions for which I had received an invite.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver

If you click the T&C it doesn't say this is a targeted promotion.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
...and in addition to the T&C, the primary link is on AC.COM for everyone to see, so definitely not targeted
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
For NEW bookings between January 14 and March 15 and travel between January 14 and April 30. The cumulative 25,000 miles is obtained after 21 flight segments in Flex fare or above for domestic, US, Mexico and Caribbean destinations.
One wonders how many ways they'll come up with to beg people to buy Flex fares...
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by yvrgary
One wonders how many ways they'll come up with to beg people to buy Flex fares...
One wonders why they design policies to prevent segment running, while offering promotions that encourage it.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
One wonders why they design policies to prevent segment running, while offering promotions that encourage it.
I did find that a bit strange - not going to complain too much - essentially free 25k for me without doing much differently .
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by martyYOW
essentially free 25k for me without doing much differently .
Similarly, my weekly yyj-yvr trips will again be worth more then 250 miles for awhile.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
God, I didn't even see that part.

Shame about the 21 segment requirement, though - it's as if they know that 5 is the most you can reasonably do on a YYZ-YVR run...
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I can probably hit 3.

Maybe 7.

Unlikely more.

Oh, wait. I should do some segment running.

I wonder if I can get a flight pass booking more insane than SFO-YVR-YUL-YOW-YYZ that actually gets me between the cities I care about
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC 25k
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF

As with most bonus miles promo, these do not qualify as AQM

There are blackout travel dates for this promotion: March 24-29

https://www3.aeroplan.com/AC_bonusmi...entLanguage=en
Thanks for sharing! I probably wouldn't of caught this otherwise.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Let's assume that the price difference between Tango and Flex is $50 per segment (although, recently, the price difference is in the $100-$150 per segment range for NA travel).

$50/segment x 21 segments = $1050.

$1050/25000 miles = $0.042/mile

$0.03/mile to buy top-up miles on ae.com

(of course this is a simple calculation and does not take into account the full vs 25% award miles accruing with these fares -- but the calculation is based on the lowest per segment price difference too)
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by YEGcg
Let's assume that the price difference between Tango and Flex is $50 per segment (although, recently, the price difference is in the $100-$150 per segment range for NA travel).

$50/segment x 21 segments = $1050.

$1050/25000 miles = $0.042/mile

$0.03/mile to buy top-up miles on ae.com

(of course this is a simple calculation and does not take into account the full vs 25% award miles accruing with these fares -- but the calculation is based on the lowest per segment price difference too)
This is absolutely true.

...but if I've already got to do YOW-YVR four times, which I already like to do as YOW-YYZ-YVR to fly widebody, I'm happy enough to turn some of those into YOW-YYZ-YYC-YVRs at the same cost to me.

I'm just as happy to read on a plane as in a hotel room, and at 3-4 CPM, it's worth about a thousand dollars to me to take the extra segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.