Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada/ACr FA soft skills constructive advice.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada/ACr FA soft skills constructive advice.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by The Lev
AC had something similar about a decade ago.
Here is an answer

Posted on Nov 13, 2010

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15132054-post3.html
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Re: meals

Don't know if anything has to do with anything, but I have only missed out on meal choice once in the past year; on a 788 flight fron NRT to YVR where I was told "hi sir, how are you, you are eating this today".

Every other time I've had what I wanted. I tend to book flights in advance and sit up front (like the first few rows) so that might affect it, but even the times I was further back (even the last row of the 777HD) I've had what I wanted.

I've had no status for most of the year, but I haven't gotten anything over E50K.

So I am either lucky, or priority ordering is overrated.

PS: Even YUL-YYC in Y I got my "meal choice" , both ways!
Sometimes I tell them I don't care and they can just come back to me at the end.

When I do that, I'm typically then told, "We still have everything" or "We're out of lamb, but we have the other three."

My only bad experience was a breakfast SFO-YVR where I was offered exactly one "choice" of the three on the menu.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Last trip was YVR-LHR-ABZ(BA)-LHR-YYC-YVR. I was ticketed in PY for the AC segments and was upgraded for all of them.

I wasn't greeted as an SE100K on any of the flights. I was only addressed by my name, Mr. X, once. That was when they asking for menu selections.

Trying to test my theory that AC J cabin FAs refuse to pick garbage, I left the bags from the blanket and headphones in plain sight on the floor sticking into the aisle. They remained there for the entire flight in both directions. Also, on both flights, PY passengers were allowed to butt into the line when disembarking the aircraft coming into LHR and YYC without little or no resistance from the AC FAs. Also, the lavatories were not kept clean and dry for the duration of the flights. The floors were wet and there was garbage on them.

One thing happened that has never happened before. As we approached YYC, I was still using the IFE with the AC headphones. An FA approached me, asking something to the effect of if I was using the headphones they gave me after boarding. At first, I didn't know what she was getting at, as the headphones were obviously AC headphones. She probed me further, making a distinction about when I was given the headphones, implying that someone had asked for headphones earlier in the flight than when they are normally provided. She stopped barely short of accusing me of stashing away an extra set of headphones. She's d*mn lucky that she stopped short, because I would have really lost it.

I usually fly BA for the flights I take within UK. Even though they flights are short-haul economy (narrow body) I find the BA FAs and the service they provide to be a cut above AC. BA FAs are friendly, courteous and they provide better service than AC. BA serves an omelet for breakfast on early flights. AC, nothing.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver
I usually fly BA for the flights I take within UK. Even though they flights are short-haul economy (narrow body)[...]. BA serves an omelet for breakfast on early flights. AC, nothing.
I did multiple morning Rapidair flights last year (from 6am departures to 10am departures).

I received full breakfast on all of them.

Do you mean that they serve breakfast in Y? If yes, that's pretty awesome.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I did multiple morning Rapidair flights last year (from 6am departures to 10am departures).

I received full breakfast on all of them.

Do you mean that they serve breakfast in Y? If yes, that's pretty awesome.
Yes, breakfast in Y. IIRC, there were three choices, continental, omelet and cereal. This wasn't an anomaly. I've done the run between LHR and ABZ numerous times, as well as other destinations and it's typical for a meal to be served, along with two drink servings.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver
Yes, breakfast in Y. IIRC, there were three choices, continental, omelet and cereal. This wasn't an anomaly. I've done the run between LHR and ABZ numerous times, as well as other destinations and it's typical for a meal to be served, along with two drink servings.
Thatès really nice actually, especially that not many people get to eat a full breakfast before early morning flights, or connecting from the TATL redeyes.

I wonder why they would serve breakfast but no snack/lunch?

Although I guess this is starting to really stray away from soft skill advice LOL
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Member

Did the advice take?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.