Air Canada Travel Desk.

Subscribe

Just downloaded this weeks A.C. timetable. It is now called "Air Canada Travel Desk" Has more information than the old version plus now gives the miles for each flight. Still no Yellowknife?

Biggles.
Strange about YZF as I think First Air flies from there to Edmonton so you would think it would be in the TravelDesk.

I guess FirstAir is not considered part of the AC Family? It does show up on the AC web site search when looking for flights.

SimonC

Have downloaded the new Air Canada Traveldesk, can't seem to make it work, everytime I enter a the depart and arrive info and ask for the search, the page cannot be displayed error message comes up, what do I need to do to correct this?

Try downloading again. I am having no problems with it. I wonder if they will go further with this. I can bring up over 25 flight combinations and when I choose my flights I expect it to dial into A.C. res and give a fare quote as did P.T.O. However it does not. BUT it could!!!!

Biggles
Am I missing something here ...

I run MS Outlook on XP Professional.

When I select flights it does not let me create an itinerary. It prompts me to 'add' a flight and goes into an 'add to calendar' feature that I can 'confirm' or cancel.

When I 'confirm' it asks if I want to open the file or download it. The file name is 'cal.vcs'. When I try and open it I get the following error message from Outlook ... 'The operation failed. An object could not be found'.

I am able to save the 'cal.vcs' file and then drag it to my outlook calendar where it succesfully saves it as an appointment.

All I want to do is create an itinerary ... this is most inconvenient. Is there an easier way to do this. The old software allowed the creation of an itinerary file that you could save for future reference.

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

(edited for spelling - DS)

[This message has been edited by Vasbyte (edited 12-31-2002).]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Vasbyte:
The old software allowed the creation of an itinerary file that you could save for future reference.
</font>
Ah yes - PTO - a moments silence for the demise of something useful from AC

[This message has been edited by PreferBulkhead (edited 12-31-2002).]
Prefer Bulkhead:

Yep - PTO was a great reference tool (I never used it to book flights).

I was actually refering to the old version of the timetable software that anyone could download from the AC website. That version allowed (as did PTO as you point out) the creation of itineraries)
I downloaded it a few months ago but have yet to really use it.

Does anyone make use of it, any good features?

Table of Contents

Air Canada Reservations
Maple Leaf Lounges
Airport Maps
Aircraft Seat Maps
Services
Customer Information
Help
Meals
Disclaimer