Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge question YYZ - LAX - LAS?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Lounge question YYZ - LAX - LAS?

I will be flying on a one way business class award from YYZ to LAX (AC) connecting to LAS (United). Can someone please tell me if I'm able to use any of the lounges at LAX during my connection? I do have an Amex Aeroplan Platinum if that helps as well. Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
You should have access to the United Club (located in the same terminal as AC). Int'l J pax are not allowed to bring guests though. Decent, quiet, newer lounge (2008) that is open really late (till 00:030) and one of the few in the system to still have to go cups for your hot beverage of choice. Hardest part is finding it (need to take the elevator to the 3rd floor) between gates 33 and 35.

AMEX AP Plat will not get you access to the Centurion club. If you have selected the PP otption with your AMEX you will be entitled to the Club at LAS which is also decent and has a better free booze selection than UC, although is a smaller space and can get crowded.

As a side note: AC agents at LAS have this bad habit of announcing warm pleasantries for Rouge flights (enjoy your flight/journey/home) when ''ordeal'' would be more appropriate
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
Would someone who is flying into LAX on J ticket but then in Y on United still be able to use the United club lounge in LAX during the connection time?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by kwflyer

As a side note: AC agents at LAS have this bad habit of announcing warm pleasantries for Rouge flights (enjoy your flight/journey/home) when ''ordeal'' would be more appropriate
What ordeal? Did this route last week. YVR - LAS in J, LAS to YVR Y. Both flights were good. The 767 has lots of room in Y(preferred seats).
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by TOR27
Would someone who is flying into LAX on J ticket but then in Y on United still be able to use the United club lounge in LAX during the connection time?
No, unless you have UA, AC or *A status. I'm guessing you are on a upgraded ticket.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
No, unless you have UA, AC or *A status. I'm guessing you are on a upgraded ticket.
Will be flying on an AP ticket and likely dropping to E35K next year so no *G. Thought I wouldn't be eligible...too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.