Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: 24 hour cancellation policy

Question: 24 hour cancellation policy

Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

24 hour cancellation policy

Are all tickets regardless of whether purchased on ac.com, on AC's corporate rewards page, or through reservations cxl within 24 hours for free? Or is it just for ac.com?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
I've cancelled telephone bookings via ac reservations line.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
I once booked a fight over the phone but for the wrong day - entirely my mistake. I immediately called back right and got a very reluctant agent who had a lengthy conversation with a supervisor before they would make the change at no charge. But they did do it.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by YOWkid
Are all tickets regardless of whether purchased on ac.com, on AC's corporate rewards page, or through reservations cxl within 24 hours for free? Or is it just for ac.com?
Is't there a law about being able to cancel any purchase made on the internet within 24 hour In Canada? Maybe someone can confirm this.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:24 am
alc

I had done a "within 24 hours cancel" for the following before:

- AC Web site: I called in to cancel, didn't use the button on web site.
- Expedia via TD: I called Expedia, explain my situation.
- My company Corp Travel Website: I called my company travel agent to cancel
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: AC 25k
I've done it over the phone (via AC Reservations) for a booking on aircanada.com with no questions asked.

I've done a 24 hr cancellation on an Orbitz booking as well, but it took a good hour on a the phone convincing them they had to do it.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I believe it's for all tickets. I've cancelled AC flights booked via AX and via ac.com, both cancelled within 24 hours, and no issue. Cancelled AX flight via phone and AC flight via ac.com....no issues.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Is't there a law about being able to cancel any purchase made on the internet within 24 hour In Canada? Maybe someone can confirm this.
Definitely no law for this. That I know and can confirm.

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I believe it's for all tickets. I've cancelled AC flights booked via AX and via ac.com, both cancelled within 24 hours, and no issue. Cancelled AX flight via phone and AC flight via ac.com....no issues.
Awesome. Just checking. I knew it was offered for ac.com (taken advantage of that many times), but I was not sure if it was offered on any other AC platform or through any other GDS/TA (because it definitely wasn't, back in the day).
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YOWkid
Awesome. Just checking. I knEw it was offered for ac.com (taken advantage of that many times), but I was not sure if it was offered on any other platform or through any other GDS/TA (because it definitely wasn't bad in the day).
From my understanding of this policy, the cancellation policy is for all tickets booked on Air Canada, irrespective of how one gets the ticket.

I would be shocked if it was dependent of which TA one uses.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, KLM Flying Blue, Lifemiles
From my understanding of this policy, the cancellation policy is for all tickets booked on Air Canada, irrespective of how one gets the ticket.

Well it does not work with AE tickets on AC. Tried several times over the years and was always told: "this is an AC policy for tickets bought on AC. We are Aeroplan, sir, not Air Canada."
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Don't be too shocked because that used to be the case. It was the incentive for buying on ac.com, just like how we would AE points for ac.com and destina.ca purchases.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pych
Well it does not work with AE tickets on AC. Tried several times over the years and was always told: "this is an AC policy for tickets bought on AC. We are Aeroplan, sir, not Air Canada."
I guess AE I/X and Air Miles tickets would be the exceptions.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There is a DOT law that would cover any ticket with even a connection in the US. But AC allows it on all tickets.

I've definitely made use of it a couple times. Wrong dates, wrong times, plans change, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.