Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan website rejecting Known Traveller # (Nexus)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:18 pm
PRS
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold

All members of our family have valid, unexpired Nexus cards and thus a 9-digit PASS ID that we use as a "Known Traveller Number" when booking flights online to get access to TSA Pre. However today when booking two separate US-Canada reward tickets the Aeroplan booking engine rejected the numbers each time saying "Please enter a valid Known Traveller Number". (Just in case I tried using the both number without spaces and with spaces after every three digits and was careful not to put the number in the Redress # field just to the left). Ended up booking the tickets without the number - not a big deal but still annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a known problem or something I should report to Aeroplan? Couldn't find a place to report this issue online so called the call centre and left my number since wait >1 hr. Will ask them if/when they call me back and ask them to add the numbers manually for these bookings.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It never works.

Book the tickets without them, then add the number through APIS on AC.com.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
And no spaces or dash(es).
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:50 pm
PRS
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold
The exact same number just worked fine when booking a paid ticket for same passenger on Aircanada.com!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PRS
The exact same number just worked fine when booking a paid ticket for same passenger on Aircanada.com!
It's an Aeroplan website issue, not ac.com. As cow said, you can do it through APIS. The other option is to go present your NEXUS physical cards at check-in and have the agent print you a new boarding pass that includes the PreCheck.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC SE
Yeah, it's never worked for me either. Given that it seems to reject the known traveler ID, I wonder why Aeroplan doesn't either fix it or just remove the field from their site altogether??? I'm sure having that non-working field there causes some frustration and a few phone calls.
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: *A, PD
Originally Posted by gcashin
Yeah, it's never worked for me either. Given that it seems to reject the known traveler ID, I wonder why Aeroplan doesn't either fix it or just remove the field from their site altogether??? I'm sure having that non-working field there causes some frustration and a few phone calls.
This is Errorplan we are talking about, I'm surprised they can keep the website up for as long as it is. Don't expect them to fix any IT mistakes.
skybluesea and Dolphin2 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
Originally Posted by adam.smith
It's an Aeroplan website issue, not ac.com. As cow said, you can do it through APIS. The other option is to go present your NEXUS physical cards at check-in and have the agent print you a new boarding pass that includes the PreCheck.
I thought that your KTN and other APIS info had to be in the system 24 hrs before travel, or else you wouldn't be on the flight manifest in time to be granted TSA pre-check.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by i59bravo
I thought that your KTN and other APIS info had to be in the system 24 hrs before travel, or else you wouldn't be on the flight manifest in time to be granted TSA pre-check.
I've booked tickets less than 24 hours out and had Pre✓ five minutes later when I checked in, so that's definitely not true.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
I've booked tickets less than 24 hours out and had Pre✓ five minutes later when I checked in, so that's definitely not true.
Good to know. I think I've only booked a ticket to the US on that short notice once. I was travelling with someone without Nexus and I was resigned to the ordinary line anyway.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by i59bravo
I haven't booked tickets as close in as cow, as far as I can remember, but I've definitely had tickets where, for one reason or another, my KTN didn't get to the reservation and I didn't have Pre✓, where it has been fixed by handing my NEXUS card to the check-in agent/concierge, having them enter it and printing a new BP.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
In the US they make it clear that you may or may not get pre check even if qualified. Personally experienced this where on one occasion my partner did not get it although we both have Nexus and #s were in reservation.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Still a problem in 2017. I booked Aeroplan award tickets for myself and the wife today, and the site would not take my PreCheck trusted traveler number (one starting with TT). I had to call AC and wait about 15 minutes on hold. Fortunately I was in my office and on speakerphone so the call wasn't a horrible inconvenience. But why have a field for KTN on the Aeroplan site if it won't accept it?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Dumb question: What's the advantage of entering a KTN in the APIS input. I always leave this blank. What am I missing out on?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
It never works.

This. It has never worked, and will probably never be fixed.

Originally Posted by After Burner
Dumb question: What's the advantage of entering a KTN in the APIS input. I always leave this blank. What am I missing out on?
TSA Precheck when flying back from the US. Serves little (no?) other purpose as far as I know.
skybluesea likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.