Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Altitude 2016 program for 2017 status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Altitude 2016 program for 2017 status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I was going to be a few hundred dollars short (and several hundred AQMs), so I simply booked a short AQD run to cross my final AQM and AQD threshold.

Perhaps you can fly something on a long weekend or during the winter holidays?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Cale905
Hi All,

Just wondering if I could get some guidance on a dilemma I will be facing at the end of the year in requalifying for my 50K status for 2017 (have been 50K or equivalent since 2010).

I cannot remember exactly when AC made the announcement that, rather than the minimum miles on AC metal, they were using AQD, but I do know it happened before my company booked my YYZ-TPE-HK flight last January on BR (the flight was booked in July 2015 as they had a fare sale in PY).

Normally, I fly twice per year to HK (using the YYZ-YVR-HKG routing), once to FRA, and then LAS. I've always hit my overall qualifying miles, as well as the minimum AC-metal requirement mileage.

However, this year with the change in requirement to AQD, it looks like I'm going to come up about $800 short of the $6K required. If AC were still using the old model of AC metal mileage requirement, I'd have still requalified, since I'll fly about 30K on AC Metal this year (and about 52K total)

Does anyone have any knowledge of how strict AC is going to be on this requirement? Like I said, had I known about the switch to AQD for this year before booking my January 2016 flight, I would have booked AC to make sure. I'm not sure if there's someone I can call at AC Altitude to plead my case.

My company is being stricter this year about how much they're willing to pay for flights, so there's no way I can convince my boss to allow me to book a Latitude fare to make up the difference when I book my upcoming flight to HKG in September.

Any info and/or guidance is greatly appreciated as always from this intrepid group.

Best,

Cale
You can call AC and try changing one of your tickets to a latitude fare class or higher and thus hit the $800 additional AQD required. Or book a couple of flights. There is a Cancun fare in biz for around $550 o/w
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Hi All,

Just wondering if I could get some guidance on a dilemma I will be facing at the end of the year in requalifying for my 50K status for 2017 (have been 50K or equivalent since 2010).

I cannot remember exactly when AC made the announcement that, rather than the minimum miles on AC metal, they were using AQD, but I do know it happened before my company booked my YYZ-TPE-HK flight last January on BR (the flight was booked in July 2015 as they had a fare sale in PY).

Normally, I fly twice per year to HK (using the YYZ-YVR-HKG routing), once to FRA, and then LAS. I've always hit my overall qualifying miles, as well as the minimum AC-metal requirement mileage.

However, this year with the change in requirement to AQD, it looks like I'm going to come up about $800 short of the $6K required. If AC were still using the old model of AC metal mileage requirement, I'd have still requalified, since I'll fly about 30K on AC Metal this year (and about 52K total)

Does anyone have any knowledge of how strict AC is going to be on this requirement? Like I said, had I known about the switch to AQD for this year before booking my January 2016 flight, I would have booked AC to make sure. I'm not sure if there's someone I can call at AC Altitude to plead my case.

My company is being stricter this year about how much they're willing to pay for flights, so there's no way I can convince my boss to allow me to book a Latitude fare to make up the difference when I book my upcoming flight to HKG in September.

Any info and/or guidance is greatly appreciated as always from this intrepid group.

Best,

Cale
814 AQD, $990 total cost.

http://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights...081507&CABIN=B

The Rapidair routes are GREAT for AQD runs, because you can pick fare classes that add up to exactly what you need.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
People now need to ge used to the notion of dollar running.

A DR instead of MR.
PhD instead of B.Sc.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
People now need to ge used to the notion of dollar running.

A DR instead of MR.
PhD instead of B.Sc.
I need a MHD to get me both AQD and AQM
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
AQS for Flight Passes

Do unlimited flight passes accrue AQS for butt in seat fights?

(mods, please re-post if be necessary, but I didn't see a thread specifically to answer this question)
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by YEGcg
Do unlimited flight passes accrue AQS for butt in seat fights?

(mods, please re-post if be necessary, but I didn't see a thread specifically to answer this question)
No. Nice try though.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by vernonc
I need a MHD to get me both AQD and AQM
Hhhhhmmm...

Mileage And Dollar??

Also known as a MAD dash
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: E50K, Hyatt Platinum, NEXUS/GE, Amex Platinum, CX Gold (till July 2015), Mlife Gold
Understanding my AQD situation correctly

Hi All,

Just so I understand correctly (have sifted through a few threads on the subject) the situation with requalifying for 2017, I'm hoping folks can confirm/correct my understanding of my AQD status:

Current Status: E50K
AQD required to re-qualify: $6K
Current AQD spent: $2313

I've booked two flights for the remainder of the year that I think just pushes me over the threshold:

September 14-24: YYZ-YVR-HKG-YVR-YYZ (Z class going, PE lowest coming home): The total of my Air Transportation Charge is $3057

December 10-12: YYZ-LAS-YYZ (Tango going, Flex coming home): Total of my Air Transportation Charge is $635.

Based on the above, my total AQD would come to $6005, so theoretically I just squeeze in by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin

The only thing i need to make sure about is that the "Air Transportation Charge" that I see on my invoice is the portion that goes towards my AQD, correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

Cale
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:55 am

Yes, it really depends on what your "air transportation charge" is.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
The only thing i need to make sure about is that the "Air Transportation Charge" that I see on my invoice is the portion that goes towards my AQD, correct?
Yes, in my experience, AQD ends up being the total of the amount listed on the AC invoice under "Air Transportation Charge," which is base fare plus any AC-imposed surcharge (if applicable). The portion listed under "Taxes, Fees, and Charges" does not count toward AQD.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:17 am

Well, if I buy one more revenue ticket, I'll hit 20k AQD, even as a non-resident.

Who needs the 50% deal
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:31 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Presently, you, need the deal
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
Presently, you, need the deal
Telling me I need the deal because I'm only at 19.5k AQD 7 months into the year seems a little silly.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Telling me I need the deal because I'm only at 19.5k AQD 7 months into the year seems a little silly.
What would your year-end AQD be without your EYW spend, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.