Wiki Posts
Search

AC's A330-300 question?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC
AC's A330-300 question?

I've been looking at the S16 schedule and noticed there are 9 A333 scheduled routes when Air Canada only has 8 in their fleet.

Do they plan of ordering receiving more?

With the recent change of YUL-LYS to B763 the routes are:

YUL-YVR
YUL-FRA
YUL-GVA
YUL-BRU
YYZ-MUC
YYZ-FCO
YYZ-MAD
YYC-LHR
YYC-FRA
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC SE
With some careful scheduling of the aircraft rotations, I'm guessing that one of the 333's could do one of the shorter YUL-Europe runs and the domestic YUL-YVR leg in the same day.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Don't forget YYZ-AMS.

Summer scheduling will still be tweaked. Would be surprised if YYZ-MUC/FCO doesn't go 77W or 789.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gcashin
With some careful scheduling of the aircraft rotations, I'm guessing that one of the 333's could do one of the shorter YUL-Europe runs and the domestic YUL-YVR leg in the same day.
Not possible because ACA195 YUL-YVR leaves at 6:25PM

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Don't forget YYZ-AMS.

Summer scheduling will still be tweaked. Would be surprised if YYZ-MUC/FCO doesn't go 77W or 789.
YYZ-MUC has been operated by 77W before and if it would have worked out I'm sure it would still be used.

My guess is either GVA becomes 788 or BRU 789, but wouldn't hold my breath

Hell maybe even YYC will get some 77W action
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
AC's A330-300 question?

I would think that YUL-FRA will go back to 77W like in prior years.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by alexdelzotto

YYZ-MUC has been operated by 77W before and if it would have worked out I'm sure it would still be used.

Have worked many YYZ-MUC and FCO 77W flights which are packed to the gills. It's still early in the game, and predicting there will be many changes before S2016 is finalized. The aircraft you are seeing assigned may not be reflective of the actual deployment. It's been rumoured that the bulk of A330 flying will be shifted to YUL.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE

Now that you mention it, I believe YYC had 77W's on YYC-LHR and YYC-FRA this past summer, so that's definitely a possibility.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Now that you mention it, I believe YYC had 77W's on YYC-LHR and YYC-FRA this past summer, so that's definitely a possibility.
The 77W hasn't operated any of these flight this past summer. I believe at one point YYC-LHR was a 77W but a few years ago.

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
I would think that YUL-FRA will go back to 77W like in prior years.
Not with Lufthansa using it own A343 on FRA now.

Have worked many YYZ-MUC and FCO 77W flights which are packed to the gills. It's still early in the game, and predicting there will be many changes before S2016 is finalized. The aircraft you are seeing assigned may not be reflective of the actual deployment. It's been rumoured that the bulk of A330 flying will be shifted to YUL.
When did AC ever use a 77W on FCO? There are only so many route out of YUL that the A333 can be used on, unless there planning to use it on the 2nd CDG flight. But CDG and LHR will remain 77WHD routes.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:34 pm

When did AC ever use a 77W on FCO? There are only so many route out of YUL that the A333 can be used on, unless there planning to use it on the 2nd CDG flight. But CDG and LHR will remain 77WHD routes.
I believe it was during July/August 2012 - operated them all Summer.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

I believe it was during July/August 2012 - operated them all Summer.
Oh really, awesome. Regarding YYZ-MUC, this is route will most likely be a 789. Even though it was once operated by 77W, Lufthansa now uses its own A333 something it was not doing a few years ago, just like YUL-FRA

Anyway its gonna be interesting to see what changes come along.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Last month I booked YYZ-MUC for the end of this month as it was a 787! two weeks after booking it was swapped out to the A333

So I am on the 787 out of YVR to YYZ and then A333 to MUC

Silly thing was that I never noticed or given much thought that the return flights were all A333!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:46 am

some occasional traces of the AC's 77W at FCO

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6637231&nseq=1
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...7890118&nseq=0
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Mirko
Has also appeared on a couple of aircraft substitutions (due to maintenance) this Summer.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:40 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
YYC-FRA is a 789 in the spring. Perhaps that will continue through the summer. If they think the route needs a 789 in April, it seems odd that they would downgauge back to a 333 for the summer.

The 77W hasn't operated any of these flight this past summer. I believe at one point YYC-LHR was a 77W but a few years ago.
Over the past few years, AC has used all of 77W, 77L, 333 and 763 on YYC-LHR at various times. I've flown on all of them at one point or another. Summer 2014 it was mostly 77L on 850, I believe.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adam.smith
YYC-FRA is a 789 in the spring. Perhaps that will continue through the summer. If they think the route needs a 789 in April, it seems odd that they would downgauge back to a 333 for the summer
the reason why its a 789 in april is because they are missing 77W due to the refurbishment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.