Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great service from AC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Great service from AC

Needed to make a change to an upgraded flight pass booking for this weekend. Have to call. Few seconds for phone to be answered. I think in less than 2 minutes the agent has put me back in M, rebooked the new flight, issued the ticket, upgraded me on the new flight, changed seat and sent the new confirmation. I feel bad I did not get her name. Wonderfully efficient. All good with eupgrade account.
^

It has been a bit since I needed to deal with a flight pass change over the phone but never remember it being this easy.

And despite the rumours I am not SE. So regular Altitude phone line.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: SE100K (Star Gold)
Good job AC.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
That's great to hear....but really, that's as it should be!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Maserati
Needed to make a change to an upgraded flight pass booking for this weekend. Have to call. Few seconds for phone to be answered. I think in less than 2 minutes the agent has put me back in M, rebooked the new flight, issued the ticket, upgraded me on the new flight, changed seat and sent the new confirmation. I feel bad I did not get her name. Wonderfully efficient. All good with eupgrade account.
^

It has been a bit since I needed to deal with a flight pass change over the phone but never remember it being this easy.

None of you are SE?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same experience, albeit a little longer time wise.Was also using a FP

Oh ya, I am SE
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Plumber
^^^
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
But it's not, hence these one off threads touting "great service" which should really be considered as status quo everyday service.

That's how sad it is.

But alas, we're not allowed to complain about these things because the self-righteous cakefartfaces on this forum will reprimand you and issue a citation for complaining.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Rating: 3/5 - Meets expectations.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Rating: 3/5 - Meets expectations.
Not really. OP's expectations were low so beats expectations
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:06 pm
Suspended

^

Are you some kind of nutbar praising AC like that?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

I don't disagree with this. However, given that on the whole you can manage a flight pass online, and that I suspect phone agents don't get many requests relating to these especially when combined with upgrades I was pleased. It's a couple of years ago since I last needed to call re a flight pass booking and remember I had to be transferred for anything to do with a flight pass and it was complicated. I was just impressed this was not necessary.
In comparison to conversations I have had with LH and UA recently the whole experience was great.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
^

I had the same experience except that she sadly moved me down to M from Y. Not worth the effort to try and fight it with AC / Aeroplan (sadly) but still annoying.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Is there a "positive" experiences thread? If not, I'll just add to this one.

I sat in J for the October 12 HKG-YVR flight...landing in Canada on Thanksgiving Day.

The J cabin was about 35% full at most (Thanksgiving after all). The male SD in J did an outstanding job and I just wanted to call it out.

So to you, Mr. SD in J - I salute you...fantastic job. It was just as good as the service I received at the Park Hyatt and St. Regis the previous month. ^^
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Is there a "positive" experiences thread? If not, I'll just add to this one.

I sat in J for the October 12 HKG-YVR flight...landing in Canada on Thanksgiving Day.

The J cabin was about 35% full at most (Thanksgiving after all). The male SD in J did an outstanding job and I just wanted to call it out.

So to you, Mr. SD in J - I salute you...fantastic job. It was just as good as the service I received at the Park Hyatt and St. Regis the previous month. ^^
There would have been two SDs on that flight, no?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There would have been two SDs on that flight, no?
Yes, but it was the male SD who made the great impression. The other SD was female and most likely serviced Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.