Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada A319 at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Air Canada A319 at LHR

Idley looking out at the airfield and there is an AC A319 about to go. Anyone tell me the route?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
That is the LHR-YYT flight.

It is a relatively short flight, hence the 319.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...%26quot%3BA319
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
AC822/823 YYT-LHR-YYT. My most frequently flown AC route. Known as "The Small Plane" as on a couple of occasions when checking in at LHR the agent has said "Oh, You are flying the small plane!" as if it's a matter of some surprise that anyone would fly across the Atlantic on a A319. It's a short flight - I've gone Eastbound in a little over 4 hrs, Westbound is typically an hour longer - and a helluva lot better than flying the wrong way from YYT to YHZ, YUL, YYZ etc before heading across the pond.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:37 am

With the 777 reconfigs 822/823 will also have ACs most comfortable TATL Y seat.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
With the 777 reconfigs 822/823 will also have ACs most comfortable TATL Y seat.
That's sad that it is true.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat
AC822/823 YYT-LHR-YYT. My most frequently flown AC route. Known as "The Small Plane" as on a couple of occasions when checking in at LHR the agent has said "Oh, You are flying the small plane!" as if it's a matter of some surprise that anyone would fly across the Atlantic on a A319. It's a short flight - I've gone Eastbound in a little over 4 hrs, Westbound is typically an hour longer - and a helluva lot better than flying the wrong way from YYT to YHZ, YUL, YYZ etc before heading across the pond.
It's better for some, if I were flying J I'd probably prefer a widebody.

That said, I love hearing these comments. YYC-YMM or YEG-YMM, obviously it's a Q400 and I STILL hear people getting on and going "boy this is a lot smaller" or "oh wow this a small plane". OF COURSE it is. You're flying 400 miles to a remote town, ain't gonna be a 747 folks.

When I worked for CMA it was even worse, most of our flyers knew in advance but every once in a while you'd get someone that equates size of aircraft with safety. This old lady said "I think this plane is so small and it's older than me, is it safe?".
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drvannostren
It's better for some, if I were flying J I'd probably prefer a widebody.

That said, I love hearing these comments. YYC-YMM or YEG-YMM, obviously it's a Q400 and I STILL hear people getting on and going "boy this is a lot smaller" or "oh wow this a small plane". OF COURSE it is. You're flying 400 miles to a remote town, ain't gonna be a 747 folks.

When I worked for CMA it was even worse, most of our flyers knew in advance but every once in a while you'd get someone that equates size of aircraft with safety. This old lady said "I think this plane is so small and it's older than me, is it safe?".
I've heard "This plane is tiny!" and "This plane is huge!" on a 320.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.