Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Packed lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Packed lounges

This is getting to be a joke.

My GF and I just got to YUL MLL DOM and there is nowhere for us to sit within 3 meters of eachother.

Total joke. They need to start limiting who gets in during busy times like YYC did during construction.

...and of course the lounge is a total mess.

How can anyone like this airport!?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL
I don't think any of us have ever said good things about YUL DOM... well, at least not since they stopped serving Fin du Monde....
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
If they eliminated the guest privilege, you'd be angry.

If they eliminated credit card privileges, people who use the privilege would avoid those MLL's like a plague. Less money for AC too.

What recommendations do you have?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by CanRulez
If they eliminated the guest privilege, you'd be angry.

If they eliminated credit card privileges, people who use the privilege would avoid those MLL's like a plague. Less money for AC too.

What recommendations do you have?
Same as whatever YYC was. No guests under E75 and no admittance for some others. Worked well.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dorian
This is getting to be a joke.

My GF and I just got to YUL MLL DOM and there is nowhere for us to sit within 3 meters of eachother.

Total joke. They need to start limiting who gets in during busy times like YYC did during construction.

...and of course the lounge is a total mess.

How can anyone like this airport!?
Who deserves it more? A P25K flying to YTZ, or a no-status companion of a S100K?

Or are you saying they should just say no passes, credit cards, etc.?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Who deserves it more? A P25K flying to YTZ, or a no-status companion of a S100K?

Or are you saying they should just say no passes, credit cards, etc.?
Yup. Just like YYC.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by ceaton
well, at least not since they stopped serving Fin du Monde....
When did they have that?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
Originally Posted by Dorian
Same as whatever YYC was. No guests under E75 and no admittance for some others. Worked well.
As annoying as full lounges are, I wholeheartedly disagree with you.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kwflyer
When did they have that?
When they had construction and had a mini lounge.

My last trip to YVR, the YYR domestic lounge was packed. Less than 5% seats were free and I had to ask someone to move their bag. Quite often I use the PP/Amex lounges because even though they may be smaller they are quicker to get in/out off and always space. I am based in YYZ and rarely use the MLL domestic or TB. The elevator wait and time to check-in is the issue though the lounge is not normally full.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moorw003
As annoying as full lounges are, I wholeheartedly disagree with you.
That's nice.

Wasn't my ruleset.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:43 pm

No real good answer, least painful, stop giving out guest passes for Domestic, just like International.

I expect that in next years enhancements, I agree too many people have access to MLL. Most are too small, last month in YEG could not find 2 seats in whole place. Used my Amex Plat and went to PP lounge instead, nicer spot anyway. Probably stop using the MLL just too damn full most days.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
The issue is AC wants is drunk on ancillary revenue from its footsie partners, and top tier members want less crowded space.

So the solution is to put to a craps and a couple blackjack tables in. Problem solved.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Think of it as rate limiting on a router...for you tech folks.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC S100K
For YUL, a possible solution would be to permit SEs and companions access to the international lounge with domestic flights.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

One of the various dumping grounds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.