Cabin Temperature

Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I always thought Air Canada was a cold airline.
They are, but their cabin temp isn't that bad!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:46 am

I just stumbled on this thread because I was interested in the Aeroplan program. I'm not complaining, just commenting, but as someone who grew up in Hawaii, i must say this is such a Canadian thread.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Phantom707
I just stumbled on this thread because I was interested in the Aeroplan program. I'm not complaining, just commenting, but as someone who grew up in Hawaii, i must say this is such a Canadian thread.

It is indeed. It's part of the entertainment package here at AC FT central.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Phantom707
Whaddya mean, eh?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
In FRA MLL right now... soon to board AC875... yet another 333. I'll ask them to let my beef sit out in the open so it can slow boil on its own.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amazingly enough, upon boarding 875 (333), the a/c was cranked up and you could see the vapour/condensation come out of the vents. After takeoff it got warm but not as warm as 846 last week. Mid-flight the temperature felt like it cooled down by a degree or so. I didn't sweat like a hog this time. Maybe someone got the memo? Or it was an anomaly?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Amazingly enough, upon boarding 875 (333), the a/c was cranked up and you could see the vapour/condensation come out of the vents. After takeoff it got warm but not as warm as 846 last week. Mid-flight the temperature felt like it cooled down by a degree or so. I didn't sweat like a hog this time. Maybe someone got the memo? Or it was an anomaly?
How are you so sure about temperatures? Did you bring a thermometer? I think you should...

I just packed mine in my bag for my flight on Wednesday...
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
How are you so sure about temperatures? Did you bring a thermometer? I think you should...

I just packed mine in my bag for my flight on Wednesday...
What kind of thermometer do you use for that? I'm not sure I have anything that would work.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What kind of thermometer do you use for that? I'm not sure I have anything that would work.
Huh? I'm staring at it right now. Just a small thermometer one might buy from The Source or Best Buy. The thermometer is about 3" long and an " wide. I bet you I can find an even smaller one, but it's digital and powered by a circular watch type battery
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
My luggage weighing device also does temperature. I just use that since it's already in my carry on

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00GDVUMK8/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii?ie=UTF8&psc=1#
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:18 pm

Huh? I'm staring at it right now. Just a small thermometer one might buy from The Source or Best Buy. The thermometer is about 3" long and an " wide. I bet you I can find an even smaller one, but it's digital and powered by a circular watch type battery
The only thing I have is some infrared thing for reading my temperature off my forehead
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Just completed two TATL segments on the 787. Sweated like a pig and hardly slept eastbound, was reasonably comfortable and slept a little westbound. In both cases, I never took the comforters (no way you can call those "blankets") out of their plastic bags.

I totally could've done with a cooler ambient temperature.

And no, I didn't raise the point with the SD, because:

Originally Posted by xLuther
it is called being realistic, polite and not self absorbed,

There are >20 people in J cabin, my comfortable temperature is not the same as everyone else. (I am comfortable down to very low temps) Everyone asks some are not going to be happy with result.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim
I totally could've done with a cooler ambient temperature.

And no, I didn't raise the point with the SD, because:
1. If everyone thinks like that, you could have 20 people too hot, and no one says anything.
2. If someone's too cold, they can use the blanket. It's much safer to lower the temperature a bit.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
1. If everyone thinks like that, you could have 20 people too hot, and no one says anything.
2. If someone's too cold, they can use the blanket. It's much safer to lower the temperature a bit.
I totally agree with you. And I'm not saying I was right in not raising it with the SD; I'm just explaining that I didn't raise it for the same reason as xLuther.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:28 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.