Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New AC Mainline Uniform Announcement

New AC Mainline Uniform Announcement

Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: AP SPG HH
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Hope this filters down to Rouge FAs. Their uniforms are an embarrassment and look cheap. Don't hold their shape. Feel sorry for crew wearing them.
The SD we had (Feb. 1st in rouge 'business') wore grey pants and a severely wrinkled white shirt. No jacket, no tie just a name bar. The FA had a plain grey 'clingy' dress with a red scarf. Hardly uniforms but at least the dorky hats are gone. Leisure airline or not the staff could still look professional. That being said I must say the two we had were professional in their delivery of service.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
The in-charge flight attendant was wearing a new uniform yesterday on YOW-YYZ (sorry - no photo). He looked sharp - dark grey suit, asymmetric with a 1 cm wide stripe of red on one lapel only. I stopped to ask him, and he said they were testing out new designs. He added emphatically that this was not necessarily the final design - simply one look that they were trying out.

I thought it looked good - very professional, yet eye-catching with the flash of red.
This does sound very sharp and professional actually. I hope that is the look they are going for.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:51 am

New Proposed Ac uniforms

From a source these are the proposed uniforms
Attached Images      
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
The women's jackets look awful. They seem designed to give giant 80s shoulderpad effect and no neck to the majority of female employees -- i.e. anyone who isn't 6 feet tall and model-thin. The men's uniforms look pretty sharp, mind you.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AC*A
Not awful and way better than the new Delta uniforms...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by segacs
The women's jackets look awful. They seem designed to give giant 80s shoulderpad effect and no neck to the majority of female employees -- i.e. anyone who isn't 6 feet tall and model-thin. The men's uniforms look pretty sharp, mind you.
+1, they don't look comfortable for the women FAs. I hope it's a better fabric than currently.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:38 am

Most men have no idea what we women go through. At least this uniform seems to have a pant option as well as sensibly flat shoes for women. The days when female flight attendants could only wear short skirts and high heels -- because their status as eye candy was more important than their health or safety -- are thankfully long gone. (Except, that they're really, really not.)
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I thought those were models until I recognized John.

The concierge uniform doesn't seem to be much different, but the tie looks less silvery and more black (though it's not the greatest photo).
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
They seem designed to give giant 80s shoulderpad effect.
So in other words, completely in fashion. You may or may not like the Jkt style, but it is fashionable.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Anything beats the dorky hats.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I love these uniforms, very matronly.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Most men have no idea what we women go through. At least this uniform seems to have a pant option as well as sensibly flat shoes for women. The days when female flight attendants could only wear short skirts and high heels -- because their status as eye candy was more important than their health or safety -- are thankfully long gone. (Except, that they're really, really not.)
That's very unfortunate, and I would like to fly Skymark
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
There are so many other occupations out there where you can chose what you want to wear, why stick to the air.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
So in other words, completely in fashion. You may or may not like the Jkt style, but it is fashionable.
I was thinking of the comfort of the agents, not of the fashion implications.

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
There are so many other occupations out there where you can chose what you want to wear, why stick to the air.
So gender discrimination is okay as long as it's only in some industries?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
I was thinking of the comfort of the agents, not of the fashion implications.
The cut and fabric has more to do with comfort than the style.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.