Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

UA/AC Fare alignment question...from the AC perspective

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Allvest
Right. Clarified my post above
Okay. Well, that's why I don't book codeshares

It seems people book UA codeshares of AC metal to save money, and are then surprised when it maps to a Tango fare.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

While AC provides the booking class mapping tables for AC codeshares on other *A carriers, we are still missing the mapping table for *A codeshare flights on AC metal flights.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:31 pm
Suspended

I don't book codeshares to save money. I booked this one because it was ONLY available routing acceptable to me.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
United W fares earn 100% when credited to Aeroplan.
So just received this response from Arroplan Customer Service:

Thank you for your email.

As you are aware, Air Canada and other airlines, such as United Airlines, operate code-share flights, which allow both airlines to offer service to more destinations throughout the world. Under such an agreement, several routes are served jointly by Air Canada and its code-share partners' aircraft. When travelling on a Star Alliance codeshare flight operated by another Star Alliance carrier, the flights are credited under the operating airline’s designation and accrual terms. Concurrently, a booking class conversion is sometimes required and W class fares on United Airlines correspond to Air Canada S class fares which award 25% of the base miles. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, however, no correction or adjustment is applicable. For details on Aeroplan’s accumulation structure, please refer to the “Mileage accumulation on code-share flights” paragraph under the Terms and Conditions tab at the following page in our website:

http://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/o...tner=AirCanada

We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to serving you again in the future.

www.aeroplan.com
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:00 pm

So just received this response from Arroplan Customer Service:

Thank you for your email.

As you are aware, Air Canada and other airlines, such as United Airlines, operate code-share flights, which allow both airlines to offer service to more destinations throughout the world. Under such an agreement, several routes are served jointly by Air Canada and its code-share partners' aircraft. When travelling on a Star Alliance codeshare flight operated by another Star Alliance carrier, the flights are credited under the operating airline’s designation and accrual terms. Concurrently, a booking class conversion is sometimes required and W class fares on United Airlines correspond to Air Canada S class fares which award 25% of the base miles. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, however, no correction or adjustment is applicable. For details on Aeroplan’s accumulation structure, please refer to the “Mileage accumulation on code-share flights” paragraph under the Terms and Conditions tab at the following page in our website:

http://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/o...tner=AirCanada

We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to serving you again in the future.

www.aeroplan.com
I'm not sure what part of that surprises you. You've been around long enough to know how codeshare fares work.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm not sure what part of that surprises you. You've been around long enough to know how codeshare fares work.
In post 5 above you stated authoritatively that W fares map to W on AC and credit 100 percent in aeroplan
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:51 pm

In post 5 above you stated authoritatively that W fares map to W on AC and credit 100 percent in aeroplan
There was no mention of a codeshare in the first five posts.

Just about a UA W fare on EWR-TLV crediting to Aeroplan.

And in that case, a UA W fare would earn 100%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.