Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Bryan Adams seeks answers from Air Canada after his guitar is marred

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bryan Adams seeks answers from Air Canada after his guitar is marred

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by ABG
I have to remember to stop posting in this forum..... I couldn't care a less about the blame, all I said was I'm surprised he does not purchase a seat for his guitar, like many artists do.
That reads an awful lot like you blaming the passenger.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:00 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
You win... I hate Brian Adams and I'm glad his guitar got ink on it
Air Canada forever!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ABG
You win... I hate Brian Adams and I'm glad his guitar got ink on it
Air Canada forever!
Who's Brian Adams?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:24 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Who's Brian Adams?
friends with Tegan and Sara
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:32 pm
Original Member

Wasn't there just a recent thread about someone who booked a separate seat for their cello and everything went perfectly?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wasn't there just a recent thread about someone who booked a separate seat for their cello and everything went perfectly?
Almost everything - the bartender at the MLL cut the cello off after two drinks.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
ya but who wants to read about that.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
ya but who wants to read about that.
I would like to hear about the drunk cello.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But does the cello have an Aeroplan number?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Stranger
But does the cello have an Aeroplan number?
And, to bring this full circle, would you have to write its Aeroplan number on the cello with black felt, just so it could be recognized?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Don't Canadian rockers ever learn?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Breaks_Guitars

Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Who gets the points...the cello or the musician?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by ken98230
Who gets the points...the cello or the musician?
Neither; they close both accounts and take away all the points retroactively.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...58390459673484
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:43 pm
Original Member

Oh yeah! Here it is:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...shap-1.3162162
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Uhh, HOLD ON here folks.

Before everyone assumes AC handlers did this...you have to know how the airside operations of the airports work, since I'm assuming most of you don't let me give you a quick thing or two.

First off, can anyone make out what it says? It's clearly writing, not just random scribbling. But the writing doesn't say like "Bryan Adams rules" or sucks or anything. So that basically leaves out someone being a total a** for the sake of it.

Secondly, there are far more people than JUST air canada employees that would've touched this. Being a former ground handler, I love that everyone just assumes it's them. This isn't about AC apologists before anyone jumps on that either, I worked there 3 months, WS 6 years. I'd be up in arms if anyone suggested this about WS handlers as well.

So, as this is a fragile/oversized item, right there it's touched by CATSA to screen for bomb traces etc. Those little swabs are used, then it'll be sent down the belt. Now, once it gets to the end, some airports have people designated for secondary searches, that is done by the company who maintains the belt system, so if this item got picked, there's another person/company touching it. Then, US customs may have touched it, along with potentially CATSA again. And yes AC most definitely touched it. Now in DTW, it would've been offloaded...NOT by AC employees, but yes contractors ipso facto someone could then blame AC, but it could've also been touched by US customs agents there. Yes people are pre-cleared but just about any flight can be searched if they want.

I'm not saying don't blame someone, and yes, Bryan Adams has every right to contact AC about it. I'm not sure I love the public shaming that goes on with it, but it upsets me more than everyone just jumps on not only AC, but the employees. Vandalism would've been "Leafs Cup 2016" or "I love 69". This looks to me like a code of some sort, from either CATSA/CBSA (doubt it, but I feel like I had to throw them in)/US Customs/whoever handles the belt system in YYZ (never worked there, so I don't know who that is, but it's not AC, they don't do that kind of work). It appears to be a code to indicate it's been scanned or passed or whatever. Now that's speculation, and AC will look into this, but let's not all jump on the blame train. It also looks like it rubs off, maybe one of those grease pencils? I'll never know why they'd write on the device, that's stupid, but clearly they did it in this instance and it's going to fall on AC to figure out who did, but it makes no sense for it to have been the ground handling employees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.