Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly in-flight on AC

Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly in-flight on AC

Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium

As pretty much all frequent fliers can attest, we witness a lot of weird and gross crap with our volume of flying. You know the nervous Newbie laugher, the in seat baby diaper change, the dude who plants his feet high on the bulkhead, the recliner, the DYKWIA complainer, the loud eater, the smelly feet person, the snorer, the cell phone talker, the nose picker, the farter, the projectile puker, and so on.

But today, I present to you from AC157......THE SHAVER. No word of a lie. From my seat in row two I heard a buzzing that was overpowering the old lady snoring next to me. I look back and sure as ever is dude in 4A shaving with a very compact looking electric shaver. This ranks high for me on the effed-up-ometer. Not only was the sound awful, the notion of his facial hair trimmings and skin being dispersed through the cabin tells me his altitude privileges should be revoked.
WeekendTraveler and Belmont_ like this.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:34 pm

Which part of the body did this involve!?
Gigantor and HMPS like this.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I use an electric shaver although always in the bathroom if I'm going to shave on a plane, and I'm confused. The hairs that are shaved end up in the shaver. They don't end up in the sink. So what's wrong with this then? I can't figure out what you mean with hair going everywhere..
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
OP probably doesn't use an electric shaver, so doesn't know how they work.
HMPS likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I have an electric shaver. And some hair falls out the shaver.

Am I doing it wrong?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I have an electric shaver. And some hair falls out the shaver.

Am I doing it wrong?
It depends on the type of electric shaver. The OP said compact looking, so it has to be this style:

The other type, is much larger. Anyway, if so, the hairs go into the shave heads.

The only way it could come out is if you hold it upside down, which the OP did not allege.

If you're using this type and your hair is still falling out of the shaver, then you're doing it wrong Or you need to shave more often....or buy a new shaver?

I've been using electric razors for my entire life that i've needed to shave...i've never had hair - ever - drop out of my shaver unintentionally...
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
I wonder if the OP would say the same if he saw a beautiful woman shaving her legs on the plane lol
HMPS likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
I wonder if the OP would say the same if he saw a beautiful woman shaving her legs on the plane lol
Her legs?

Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Premiere Elite - YEG
....But today, I present to you from AC157......THE SHAVER. No word of a lie. From my seat in row two I heard a buzzing that was overpowering the old lady snoring next to me. I look back and sure as ever is dude in 4A shaving with a very compact looking electric shaver. This ranks high for me on the effed-up-ometer. Not only was the sound awful, the notion of his facial hair trimmings and skin being dispersed through the cabin tells me his altitude privileges should be revoked.

And this shaving continued and no pax or cabin crew said anything?

Perfect candidate for "Passenger Shaming bingo"
https://www.facebook.com/PassengerSh...type=1&theater
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by 24left

Perfect candidate for "Passenger Shaming bingo"
https://www.facebook.com/PassengerSh...type=1&theater
Ok. Would it be ok if I print this bingo card for my next flight, and hand it out to the SD when I board?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
Her legs?

Usually, i'm the dog when it comes to this stuff, but I missed this completely. The second I read your post, I laughed SO hard. I have never laughed that hard ever on FT! So thanks for that

Originally Posted by 24left
Well, it takes all of like 5-10 seconds....so I'm not surprised anyone said anything.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:10 pm

This must not be as rare as one would think. A few weeks ago on my Tiger air flight an elderly gentlemen purchased an electric shaver from onboard duty free and proceeded to shave for what seemed like an eternity. Well, let's hope he purchased it and not just tried it out.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Advocating this makes me wonder if it was SAP in 4A as I recall seeing dark blue 75k tags prior to boarding.

For the record, any in-flight shaving of any kind no matter gender or body part isn't normal in my books.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Premiere Elite - YEG
Advocating this makes me wonder if it was SAP in 4A as I recall seeing dark blue 75k tags prior to boarding.

For the record, any in-flight shaving of any kind no matter gender or body part isn't normal in my books.
I've been home. I can say it wasn't me

But...

What's the part that bugs you? It may not be normal, but hey, it's not like we're shedding our hair everywhere....based on how these razors work.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
But...

What's the part that bugs you? It may not be normal, but hey, it's not like we're shedding our hair everywhere....based on how these razors work.
I have both a beard trimmer (w/built in vacuum) and a high-end electric shaver. It does a good job of keeping most of it, but Mrs. YVR is certainly not happy if I don't clean the sink and surroundings afterwards.

For some people that might not be a big deal, but to others it's gross and can make their flight quite uncomfortable. In fact I would have said something to this pax if I was beside them. In a tight personal space you can't make the judgement on what your neighbour might be ok with solely based on what you find acceptable.

Shaving, clipping nails, in-seat manicure etc. - do it at home, or use the lavatory.

Last edited by yvr76; Jul 11, 2015 at 2:31 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.