Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly in-flight on AC

Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly in-flight on AC

Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tcook052
I've modified the thread title a little (couldn't edit out what was already a really good, catchy title) so we can make this a master thread for passengers behaving badly in-flight. Note however that any pictures of fellow pax should have their faces blurred so as not to give away their identity.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Thanks for respecting my artistic license while allowing for long term expansion on the subject. I will be sure to contribute. ^

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin

And for the record, this is the shaver I use.

Unless this is made by Dyson I don't believe you, SAP.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by hitsmith
Shave before your flight or after it. Shaving on it is ridiculous unless you're a werewolf.
I might agree with this statement if I were an idyllic leisure flyer for whom appearance doesn't matter and the most pressing item on his agenda upon arrival was lounging pool side with a Pina Colada.

However, shaving on the plane is hardly "ridiculous" after a 12+ hour flight when you are meeting local business people immediately on arrival.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Badenoch
I might agree with this statement if I were an idyllic leisure flyer for whom appearance doesn't matter and the most pressing item on his agenda upon arrival was lounging pool side with a Pina Colada.

However, shaving on the plane is hardly "ridiculous" after a 12+ hour flight when you are meeting local business people immediately on arrival.
I have shaved on TPAC but only in the washroom.
SAP - all razors drop hair and even if they do not some stuff is better in its designated area - like a washroom. Lets not split hairs. And yes I do use a electric razor for anyone running a count on this thread.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by vernonc
I have shaved on TPAC but only in the washroom.
SAP - all razors drop hair and even if they do not some stuff is better in its designated area - like a washroom. Lets not split hairs. And yes I do use a electric razor for anyone running a count on this thread.
I've been keeping score. Based on the number of people saying it does vs me and one other saying it doesn't I guess for the majority it does. I'll still show sparse that it doesn't for me though. I just not be manly enough (facial hair wise) //grunt
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I just not be manly enough (facial hair wise) //grunt
Nah, you're manly but also have Oriental facial hair, so you're excused...
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Apologies for interrupting the discussion of your preference in shavers etc....

Can we please get this thread back ON TOPIC

"Shaves on a Plane; the AC forum Hall of Shame for passengers behaving poorly"

Originally Posted by tcook052
......so we can make this a master thread for passengers behaving badly in-flight.......

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Thanks much

(no.....I am not pretending to be a mod......LOL)
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
Can we please get this thread back ON TOPIC
Indeed as there is the forum lounge thread for more general discussions such as razor preferences.

Note also that this thread is meant for in-flight boorish behavior by fellow pax as this forum it so advanced it has a separate one for MLL etiquette offenders which is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ngers-mll.html

tcook052
AC Forum Moderator
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I was on 882 YYZ-CPH with another FTer on the 11th. We were in 1AD.

During boarding, we were talking about stuff. Like Aeroplan bookings, LH F, etc. But we were not talking about Air Canada. We were also not really complaining about anything, just discussing.

2A shouts "If you hate it so much, why don't you get off?"

He then proceeded to squish his water bottle for at least 4 hours of the flight, which makes a lot of noise.

He also asked the SD about the two of us.

I was considering accidentally dropping a drink on him.

He was SE/MM/VIP, because he was asked for his meal choice right after I was.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow

During boarding, we were talking about stuff. Like Aeroplan bookings, LH F, etc. But we were not talking about Air Canada. We were also not really complaining about anything, just discussing.

He then proceeded to squish his water bottle for at least 4 hours of the flight, which makes a lot of noise.

He also asked the SD about the two of us.

I was considering accidentally dropping a drink on him.

He was SE/MM/VIP, because he was asked for his meal choice right after I was.
Ah yes, the seat neighbour who can't mind his own business. I'm sure this thread will see many such stories in the future...

I'm all for being neighbourly when it comes to seat mates, but I would've had some choice words for Mr. 2A.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ffsim
Ah yes, the seat neighbour who can't mind his own business. I'm sure this thread will see many such stories in the future...

I'm all for being neighbourly when it comes to seat mates, but I would've had some choice words for Mr. 2A.
I as well. As I like to say to people like this on an airplane "you should sit down, shut up, we'll get there eventually". And if it's on a plane in Canada, I proceed with the word "please". (the sheer in the faceness of this usually shuts people right up) //now it takes a LOT for me to get there. I'll share one such situation when I see you in a few days

(if you get punched in the face, well, at least the pax will get removed )
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by canadiancow

LOL

Squishing his water bottle for 4 hours? That takes a special kind of person.

FWIW getting back to the OP's point, an at-seat shave wouldn't really bother me... I'd never do it myself as it strikes me as a washroom kind of thing to do, but it doesn't really push my yucky buttons.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by heraclitus
FWIW getting back to the OP's point, an at-seat shave wouldn't really bother me... I'd never do it myself as it strikes me as a washroom kind of thing to do, but it doesn't really push my yucky buttons.
Oh, but you really need to hear this thing buzzing and chopping before passing judgement.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Premiere Elite - YEG
Oh, but you really need to hear this thing buzzing and chopping before passing judgement.
Haha... touch
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Not to start the dreaded feet conversation ...

Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by lostinthewash
Not to start the dreaded feet conversation ...

It's ok, it's Y

The plebs can do anything they want there idc

Lol just kidding

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.