Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Award Seats on Turkish?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:37 am
Original Poster

I have been tracking business class award seats on Turkish flights for weeks on Aeroplan webpage with good availability for travel at end of May 2016. Now that I have transferred the necessary miles to Aeroplan, it appears all trans Atlantic Turkish flights have disappeared (can't find availability to any US gateway). Specifically trying for new service from ATL-IST-ATL. Called Aeroplan and only routing they could find was with two stops LIS & EWR. Anyone have any insight on if these flights might open up? Obviously have plenty of time, but trying to decide if I should burn SkyMiles instead. Preferred travel dates are Wed, May 18 (ATL-IST), return Mon, May 30 (IST-ATL). Any insight is appreciated.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: status-free
I wonder if it's an aeroplan glitch. Last night I could find economy tix LGA-IST, but once I checked the SE box, or asked for business class, there were no more Turkish flights. I can see them not offering business class tickets, but the SE box shouldn't make a difference.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: AC SE, Flying Blue Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have booked J award seats on TK in the past and I still can't figure out the availability pattern. Within a week sometimes the seats will disappear and reappear. I wouldn't worry too much though, I've always been able to book them 3-4 months out. Just keep checking, it's bound to reappear.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Can you explain the "SE" box? Not sure what that is. Thnx
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by johnkel1
Can you explain the "SE" box? Not sure what that is. Thnx
That's if you are a Super Elite AP member.

Try searching on United by clicking award travel and see if Turkish Airways flights show up. If they do then you know it's most likely a Aeroplan glitch.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info...no Turkish Flights on United.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I booked a pair of I class seats on TK YYZ-IST-TLV a week ago...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
You just have to be diligent. As others have said, reward capacity will come and go. FYI, seats are usually available 360 days out +/- a couple days, so if you are good at planning, you can snap them up in advance.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by johnkel1
Now that I have transferred the necessary miles to Aeroplan, it appears all trans Atlantic Turkish flights have disappeared (can't find availability to any US gateway).
WOW

Not sure about ATL but when I search ATL-IST I find tons of availability via JFK(4 and 12), ORD, IAH, IAD, MIA, etc etc etc...

So to spread panic and confusion about no award space(X or I) on TK... well its just bad form.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by hearna
WOW

Not sure about ATL but when I search ATL-IST I find tons of availability via JFK(4 and 12), ORD, IAH, IAD, MIA, etc etc etc...

So to spread panic and confusion about no award space(X or I) on TK... well its just bad form.
The OP was referring specifically to late May 2016. Using United's site (because AE kicks me out after only six searches), I found nothing on TK in J class (and for the most part not in Y either) from either ORD or JFK from May 15 - May 31 (didn't search outside that window). There was some availability via YUL or YYZ, however, so perhaps a bit of an overstatement but hardly by much (from the OP's point of view).

I experienced that for booking my own trip for spring 2016. TK availability would vanish for a couple of weeks or more and then suddenly reappear. As others have already stated, just keep checking back.

Frustratingly, just as per before, plenty of availability from IST back to NA during the same timeframe.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Marlin240
The OP was referring specifically to late May 2016. Using United's site (because AE kicks me out after only six searches), I found nothing on TK in J class (and for the most part not in Y either) from either ORD or JFK from May 15 - May 31 (didn't search outside that window). There was some availability via YUL or YYZ, however, so perhaps a bit of an overstatement but hardly by much (from the OP's point of view).

I experienced that for booking my own trip for spring 2016. TK availability would vanish for a couple of weeks or more and then suddenly reappear. As others have already stated, just keep checking back.

Frustratingly, just as per before, plenty of availability from IST back to NA during the same timeframe.
TK is in high demand due to an excellent product and no YQ. I agree that on certain flights it may be difficult to obtain and flexibility is required but the OP also said that NO US gateways had availability leading to the notion that everything was removed a la NZ. As I pointed out above that is false; MIA and IAH are examples with J available every single day in April and May and sporadic but available none the less are the IAD,JFK,ORD flights (which would be much more in demand).
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Thank you for all the input. I will continue to check for availability out of ATL and hopefully availability will again appear. For benefit of HEARNA, I can find no availability on my preferred dates from any of the following gateways on TK: ATL, ORD, MIA, IAH, LAX, IAD, JFK. Some gateways have alternate * airlines, but was hoping to try TK transatlantic.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:52 am

Your issue may be simply that TK has not yet loaded the availability for late may.

Canadian inventory seems to be loaded a few weeks further then American inventory...

Try TK36 (YUL) on the 17th returning on TK19 (YYZ) on the 29th.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:10 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I've had greater success using YUL and IAD as access points.

I've had less luck with YYZ, ORD and other US airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.