LMU questions

Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
LMU questions

Any idea of how much is the LMU on the 777 flight from LAX to YYZ and vice versa for cheapo econ?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Any idea of how much is the LMU on the 777 flight from LAX to YYZ and vice versa for cheapo econ?
It can vary somewhat heavily on all routes depending on factors we don't know (but I would assume the number of J seats, possibly the length of the upgrade list, etc.)

I would not expect it to be less than $400, but I could also see it being over $1000.

As for an LMU, AC 272 YWG-YYZ from a G fare was $279 + tax at T-60. DrunkCargo declined. There were 3 gate upgrades, and there are now 3 empty seats on the E90. Works well for me, as I have 3DF. Nice little workspace here
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Does the fare bucket has a link to upgrade offer?

For example if my ticket is booked in tango class, does this make the chance of an LMU low or it does not effect the possibilty of the offer?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Many have suggested that no.

Now if there is one thing that would be nice to know from the new ac presence in the forum, it would be that
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

Now if there is one thing that would be nice to know from the new ac presence in the forum, it would be that
That is internal confidential and cannot be shared. If it were shared it would be subject to change at any time so not meaningful to know either way.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Does the fare bucket has a link to upgrade offer?

For example if my ticket is booked in tango class, does this make the chance of an LMU low or it does not effect the possibilty of the offer?
I usually book tango and have had LMU offers every time except once and that was on the busy YYC-YYZ route so J was probably full. The way I see it is you probably already have a limit you are willing to pay so work from that and see what's offered at OLCI.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

I don't think we've ever seen a LMU offer that exceeded the cost of a normal change to the lowest available J fare bucket available for sale at flight time.

So it is quite possible that someone on a full-Y ("Latitude") fare might very well be paying an all-in cost to fly, in Y, greater than that of someone on a Tango + LMU in J.

Of course, as pointed out by another poster, if the algorithm was public, people would just game it. Like they do with practically every other service, "offer", etc. offered by AC.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by radnub
I usually book tango and have had LMU offers every time except once and that was on the busy YYC-YYZ route so J was probably full.
Do you have status with AC?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Do you have status with AC?
Not at all. And just an FYI the prices i've been offered generally line up with what others have quoted on the other thread. I don't think the LMU is priced higher if you bought tango instead of flex either but that's just my theory based on my limited experiences.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Does AC offer LMU for UA flight number ticket holder operated by AC?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I seem to recall having been offered a LMU on this route LY for approx $650 one way. Could be dependent on how full the cabin is. I think I was on a single aisle plane not the 777.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
uh... there is this thread for a reason http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ades-here.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.