Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: A50K Extra baggage allowance on interline *A itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: A50K Extra baggage allowance on interline *A itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Platinum
A50K Extra baggage allowance on interline *A itinerary

I am soon heading home and I will be flying CA (international ULN-PEK) and then AC back to YYZ and I need to maximize my baggage. Unfortunately, I can't figure out the maze of baggage rules, especially the extra baggage allowance for *G status.

I think I should be using the CA baggage rules since my first flight (ULN-PEK) is with them. But on the CA site it says that the rules to use are the First Marketing Carrier (FMC) or Most Significant Carrier (MSC) of my itinerary, which in my case is AC.

So whose rules do I use and how much do I get? I can't even find the *G baggage allowance for CA in any case. I need to know so I can maximize either pieces or weight of baggage (boxes actually).

Another wrinkle: my itinerary currently doesn't have my AP number (it has my UA MP number). Should I change that? Using the AC checked baggage PNR lookup shows 2*23kg.

Last edited by bt_yyz; Jun 29, 2015 at 5:47 am
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:52 am
Original Poster

NOT codeshare

I just read coniferouscreature's post from a few days ago and my situation is NOT a codeshare on CA. The itinerary is ticketed as CA and AC.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
What class are you flying?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
What class are you flying?
Flying Economy on both. CA K-fare and AC Q-fare.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
You will get standard AC TPAC Y allowance 2x23kg or CA Star Gold Y allowance of 2x23kg

I dont see any advantage of switching to your AE number.

Just bring your card for lounge access in PEK.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
You will get standard AC TPAC Y allowance 2x23kg or CA Star Gold Y allowance of 2x23kg

I dont see any advantage of switching to your AE number.

Just bring your card for lounge access in PEK.
Should I try to change my itinerary to AE number just to see if the PNR baggage lookup on AC.com switches to 3x32kg? If not, I can always switch back; I am 6 days pre-departure.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by bt_yyz
Should I try to change my itinerary to AE number just to see if the PNR baggage lookup on AC.com switches to 3x32kg? If not, I can always switch back; I am 6 days pre-departure.
Its irrelevant. CA will give you standard AC allowance, not your E50 allowance. Or they will give you their *G allowance.

Call CA to get a definite answer. Even if ac.com says 3x32kg, it will be irrelevant to the checkin people at ULN, they will just go on what the computer says, which will give them 2x23kg due to MSC, or 1x23kg for CA + 1 bag for *G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.