Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long wait time calling Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Priority call wait times are about the only significant benefit of Aeroplan diamond status. Kind of sad when one has to achieve that in order to receive the basic service they should be able to offer to everyone. I can't imagine telling my clients that we're only going to answer the phone if you're one of our best clients.

The automatic hang-up after a recorded message when all lines are full is really annoying, but a couple of quick redials normally gets into the queue. I've never had to wait more than about 2 minutes for an agent once in the queue.
what do you mean by getting into the queue?
Would it not put your back to the end of the queue?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
what do you mean by getting into the queue?
Would it not put your back to the end of the queue?
I mean that when the lines are full and you get the recorded message to call back again. You don't get into the queue no matter what your status is. It just takes a couple of re-dials before the lines aren't full (the queue may be nearly full, but there is at least an open line), and then I get the chance to enter my AE number and wait on hold. Once in the holding pattern, the diamond status give you a priority sequence, and I normally get connected within a minute or so.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by ValueHunter99

Anyway, for those without status (obviously silver does not seem to count for anything ...) the wait time will get worse as more people are getting into the diamond status ... This status thing seems to be divide the the aeroplan members into different classes ... and i think the majority of the members are status-less ... and treated like .... ...
It just goes around and around and who wins? Not us. Not the districts. Always the Capitol. But I’m tired of being a piece in their Games.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:52 pm

Bad weather--Tim Hortons closed?

Am I missing something in Canada at the moment that is causing me to be on hold for the Aeroplan center for errr...lets see now 1 hour and 25 minutes? Is this normal? If there is a "weather event" ok...but my quick check shows none. Normal service---I shudder.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FIGWSJ11
Am I missing something in Canada at the moment that is causing me to be on hold for the Aeroplan center for errr...lets see now 1 hour and 25 minutes? Is this normal? If there is a "weather event" ok...but my quick check shows none. Normal service---I shudder.
Sounds about normal to me. Best way around it is to not use aeropesos or get status which may place you at the front of the call queue.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by figwsj11
am i missing something in canada at the moment that is causing me to be on hold for the aeroplan center for errr...lets see now 1 hour and 25 minutes? Is this normal? If there is a "weather event" ok...but my quick check shows none. Normal service---i shudder.
they are experiencing a higher than average volume of calls.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YOWgary
they are experiencing a higher than average volume of calls.
As usual.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:27 pm

Someone really ought to send them to a math 101 class so they can learn the definition of the word "average".
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by segacs
Someone really ought to send them to a math 101 class so they can learn the definition of the word "average".
It's just a phase shift. They compute the average based upon 1990 data.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
It's just a phase shift. They compute the average based upon 1990 data.
Or maybe the lower than average call volume is during the hours when the call centre is closed? They're factoring in all those zeros?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Or maybe the lower than average call volume is during the hours when the call centre is closed? They're factoring in all those zeros?
Isn't it apparently 24/7?

It's like the TTC, you may (will) experience longer than normal travel times ... well if it's always longer than normal, presumably the service is continually getting worse.

I don't get the Tim Hortons reference, where in Canada are you?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
Isn't it apparently 24/7?

Aeroplan Contact Centre.
Hours of Operation: 07:00 to 24:00 Eastern, 7 days a week.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:29 pm

Aeroplan Contact Centre.
Hours of Operation: 07:00 to 24:00 Eastern, 7 days a week.
Oh yeah sorry AP not AC. I forgot they can't operate a phone service or website more than 17 hours a day.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
Oh yeah sorry AP not AC. I forgot they can't operate a phone service or website more than 17 hours a day.
Call centre closing hours I can (almost) understand -- admittedly they're frustrating when you're in transit in different time zones and stranded somewhere, but at least there's a logic behind having operating hours at call centres are staffed by humans.

A website with operating hours, on the other hand, is one of those things that makes absolutely no sense. And yet, it seems like there's an epidemic of them, especially here in Quebec. Government and major corporate websites that have operating hours and "close" at night and weekends makes me believe that someone really doesn't understand how the internet works.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:49 pm

Call centre closing hours I can (almost) understand -- admittedly they're frustrating when you're in transit in different time zones and stranded somewhere, but at least there's a logic behind having operating hours at call centres are staffed by humans.

A website with operating hours, on the other hand, is one of those things that makes absolutely no sense. And yet, it seems like there's an epidemic of them, especially here in Quebec. Government and major corporate websites that have operating hours and "close" at night and weekends makes me believe that someone really doesn't understand how the internet works.
You know I can partially agree with this, although I think you'll find there will always be people willing to work 00:00-07:00; for some people these are actually great hours.

For me, on the East, isn't not a major issue. But I'm in their timezone when at home. Canada has about 6 timezones, NL is 1.5h ahead of me and BC 3h behind. So it closes at 9pm in BC... and opens 8:30 in NL. This is not good service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.