Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long wait time calling Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
I hope they are aware of this issue ... if it is the system that screws up, then the reps must be doing nothing ... or may be they just have 1 person answering the phone? even with just 1 person answering, the wait time should not be this long ...

Is there a way to contact the management of the company other than going public?
From what I've read so far, it appears those that have status, especially as a SE, have very reasonable wait times. Those that don't, have to wait a very long time.

Do you have status with AP/AC?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Originally Posted by CanRulez
From what I've read so far, it appears those that have status, especially as a SE, have very reasonable wait times. Those that don't, have to wait a very long time.

Do you have status with AP/AC?
Is silver considered a status?
(i have silver ...)
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
Is silver considered a status?
(i have silver ...)
That's the lowest AP status level. If you were SE, your calls would be picked up rather quickly. I'm assuming your calls would be picked up more quickly as a Diamond as well but I'll leave that to others to comment.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:36 pm

Just go in after about 1 hour 15 minutes
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Part of the reason the wait times are so unreasonable for non-status pax is that those with status continually jump ahead of them in the queue. So let's say you call up and you were 10th in line. If, in that time, 10 people call up with status, they'll all go ahead of you, so at the end of 10 people down, you'll still be 10th in line.

I don't have a problem with one of the perks of status being priority call handling. But there ought to be a certain minimum standard for people without status, particularly since sometimes time is of the essence if you're travelling and stranded somewhere.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by segacs
Part of the reason the wait times are so unreasonable for non-status pax is that those with status continually jump ahead of them in the queue. So let's say you call up and you were 10th in line. If, in that time, 10 people call up with status, they'll all go ahead of you, so at the end of 10 people down, you'll still be 10th in line.

I don't have a problem with one of the perks of status being priority call handling. But there ought to be a certain minimum standard for people without status, particularly since sometimes time is of the essence if you're travelling and stranded somewhere.
I'm actually surprised they aren't smarter with this.

You enter your Aeroplan number, and it pops up all your information on the agent's screen.

Why not also look up your booked itineraries, and scheduled flights. If you have a flight within 24 hours, you could get the equivalent of dDiamond priority.

If you have a flight within 4 hours, you could get a special priority that's only for "immediate" travel, above even dDiamond.

That solves the "help I'm stranded" issue while still giving absolute priority to the dDiamond who wants to make a change for a flight six weeks out, over other people calling about similar issues.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow

You enter your Aeroplan number, and it pops up all your information on the agent's screen.

Why not also look up your booked itineraries, and scheduled flights. If you have a flight within 24 hours, you could get the equivalent of dDiamond priority.

If you have a flight within 4 hours, you could get a special priority that's only for "immediate" travel, above even dDiamond.

That solves the "help I'm stranded" issue while still giving absolute priority to the dDiamond who wants to make a change for a flight six weeks out, over other people calling about similar issues.
That's so crazy it might work!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:23 am

I just got through within 10 seconds of entering my Aeroplan number and PIN.

I recognize I'm dDiamond, but no hold here.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC; Fairmont Plat; Accor Plat; SPG Plat, BA Gold; A3*G; AB Gold;
No Aeroplan/AC status - 1h 42 mins on hold last night at ~8pm
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:11 pm

Time to make the French agents suffer through my high school francais I guess.

Cheers
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

C'mon now, rational thinking ? +1
I still think there should be minimum service levels. 1hr wait time even with no status is unreasonable.
As a E50 I got thru in 10 mins and a email response was less than 24 hrs (less than 12hrs I believe).
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
C'mon now, rational thinking ? +1
I still think there should be minimum service levels. 1hr wait time even with no status is unreasonable.
As a E50 I got thru in 10 mins and a email response was less than 24 hrs (less than 12hrs I believe).
I didn't think E50K meant anything to Aeroplan.

I'm not even sure if SE gets priority any more.

Aeroplan Diamond does, but it's VERY unlikely to be AC SE and not AP Diamond, since the 100% bonus counts toward Distinction.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I didn't think E50K meant anything to Aeroplan.

I'm not even sure if SE gets priority any more.

Aeroplan Diamond does, but it's VERY unlikely to be AC SE and not AP Diamond, since the 100% bonus counts toward Distinction.
Sorry, should have clarified. I am E50 (E75 if they ever fix my missing credit) but am also ddiamond which is likely why I got priority.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Originally Posted by CanRulez
That's the lowest AP status level. If you were SE, your calls would be picked up rather quickly. I'm assuming your calls would be picked up more quickly as a Diamond as well but I'll leave that to others to comment.

Well, I was on hold for more than 60+ minutes, and then I heard a lady's voice came on for a split second, then the phone dropped dead and the dial tone came back on ...

I immediately called back, and well ... was on hold again ... this time for over 90 minutes ...

Luckily, I was able to speak to a person ....

Today, I received an email with the title:
"We are sorry for not providing you with the level of service you deserve. "

Honestly, I am extremely dissappointed with aeroplan ... its time to look at alternative ...

They misinformed me about certain rule ... so I ended up waiting for over 2.5 hrs to speak to a live person only to be told there is a $90 charge for making a minor change ... Imagine having to wait so long and then having to paid for a change which I was told there would be no charge just a couple of weeks ago ... I asked the lady to listen to the tape ... but she refused ... and told me that it was my responsibility to read ALL the T&C ... before accepting it ... duh ...

Anyway, for those without status (obviously silver does not seem to count for anything ...) the wait time will get worse as more people are getting into the diamond status ... This status thing seems to be divide the the aeroplan members into different classes ... and i think the majority of the members are status-less ... and treated like .... ...
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Priority call wait times are about the only significant benefit of Aeroplan diamond status. Kind of sad when one has to achieve that in order to receive the basic service they should be able to offer to everyone. I can't imagine telling my clients that we're only going to answer the phone if you're one of our best clients.

The automatic hang-up after a recorded message when all lines are full is really annoying, but a couple of quick redials normally gets into the queue. I've never had to wait more than about 2 minutes for an agent once in the queue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.