Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Change fee per booking or per person?

Old May 23, 2015, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

This might be one of the stupidest questions of all time but i'm new to Aeroplan so here goes. If I have an award booking for 3 three people and I want to change the tickets from Economy to Business will the $90 fee be per person or just one $90 charge since we are all booked together. Thanks.
Old May 23, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
This might be one of the stupidest questions of all time but i'm new to Aeroplan so here goes. If I have an award booking for 3 three people and I want to change the tickets from Economy to Business will the $90 fee be per person or just one $90 charge since we are all booked together. Thanks.
Reasonable question, not stupid at all. Unfortunately, the answer is $90 per person/ticket.

Sometimes it's worth doing though, particularly if you can get a reduction in taxes/YQ, from your original itinerary.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AC SE
Originally Posted by Marlin240
Reasonable question, not stupid at all. Unfortunately, the answer is $90 per person/ticket.

Sometimes it's worth doing though, particularly if you can get a reduction in taxes/YQ, from your original itinerary.
I was under the impression that if its the same flight and just changing classes then there is no fee?
Old May 23, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by dafonz
I was under the impression that if its the same flight and just changing classes then there is no fee?
Hmm, not sure but at the very least, it will require more points. I suspect there will still be the $90/person change fee.

I think the time no fee is applied is if you've already redeemed an AE J class award that has Y segments in it. If the J class segments pop up between the time you purchase the ticket and before travelling, then I think you can call up and request for no fee.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

Thanks so much for your help Marlin240.
Do you or anyone else know if the C$90 fee also applies to an infant. I know I will have to pay an additional $50 for the infants move from Economy to Business as the infant fare difference but is there a change fee involved too?
Old May 23, 2015, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
johnwmaher
The info on the site re infants is not specific enough. You may have to call in.

As to your other question:

From Flight Rewards Terms and Conditions

CHANGING/CANCELLING CLASSICFLIGHT AND MARKET FARE FLIGHT REWARDS RESERVATIONS

37. Changes to unused flight rewards (i.e. flight date(s), flight time(s), class of service, routing and/or itinerary) may be made up to a minimum of two hours prior to departure. A fee of C$90.00 plus taxes per ticket. This fee is non-refundable.

38. Changes to the flight reward itinerary (e.g. region, destination, class of service, flight date, flight time, seasonality, advance purchase or minimum/maximum stay) may result in additional mileage being required from the original flight reward. Additional miles are collected at the time of change.

https://www4.aeroplan.com/terms_and_...tion=rewardair
Old May 23, 2015, 8:33 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I think the time no fee is applied is if you've already redeemed an AE J class award that has Y segments in it. If the J class segments pop up between the time you purchase the ticket and before travelling, then I think you can call up and request for no fee.
That is correct.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
johnwmaher
The info on the site re infants is not specific enough. You may have to call in.

As to your other question:

From Flight Rewards Terms and Conditions

CHANGING/CANCELLING CLASSICFLIGHT AND MARKET FARE FLIGHT REWARDS RESERVATIONS

37. Changes to unused flight rewards (i.e. flight date(s), flight time(s), class of service, routing and/or itinerary) may be made up to a minimum of two hours prior to departure. A fee of C$90.00 plus taxes per ticket. This fee is non-refundable.

38. Changes to the flight reward itinerary (e.g. region, destination, class of service, flight date, flight time, seasonality, advance purchase or minimum/maximum stay) may result in additional mileage being required from the original flight reward. Additional miles are collected at the time of change.

https://www4.aeroplan.com/terms_and_...tion=rewardair
Thanks 24left

The Aeroplan site is a little confusing. Especially with them sometimes quoting me in USD and other times in CAD. I wish they would just stick to one currency.

Last edited by johnwmaher; May 23, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Old May 23, 2015, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Thanks 24left

The Aeroplan site is a little confusing. Especially with them sometimes quoting me in USD and other times in CAD. I wish they would just stick to one currency.

Are your reward tickets originating in LAX? That might be one reason why you are quoted in $US. Or perhaps it's the credit card used.

Also, on the T&C page, the call centre fee is shown as C$30 plus taxes per ticket (#16.1)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.