Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Rouge YUL to LAS 319. Please help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys,
I'll be travelling to Las Vegas from Montreal this week and have the option of buying a preferred seat 4D.
Can anyone comment on this seat on a A319.
Seems to be a bulkhead seat and is sold as a preferred seat for 63$ but it's impossible for me to find any videos or pictures showing the front of the cabin.
Is it a real bulkhead seat?
Is it separated by a wall or a curtain?
Worth the extra 63$?
Was originally a 763 and it changed to a 319.
Really not looking forward to this flight.
Everything i've read on these boards are disaster stories.
Will be my first time flying AC Rouge.
Thank you all in advance for your help
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by youyou
Hi guys,
I'll be travelling to Las Vegas from Montreal this week and have the option of buying a preferred seat 4D.
Seems to be a bulkhead seat and is sold as a preferred seat for 63$ but it's impossible for me to find any videos or pictures showing the front of the cabin.
Worth the extra 63$?
On the 763 it's a bulkhead, but on the 319s it's just a curtain.

On the 319s it's an easy call for me - you have either 29" slimline or a 35" rouge+ seat for an extra $50 on a Flex or $63 on a Tango fare. I'd paid this in a heartbeat if I didn't have status. Also there are only 6 rouge+ seats on the 319s, so order early!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yvr76
On the 763 it's a bulkhead, but on the 319s it's just a curtain.

On the 319s it's an easy call for me - you have either 29" slimline or a 35" rouge+ seat for an extra $50 on a Flex or $63 on a Tango fare. I'd paid this in a heartbeat if I didn't have status. Also there are only 6 rouge+ seats on the 319s, so order early!
Thank you for the info!
So i guess i should go ahead and get that seat for 63$.
Seems that the plane is pretty empty though.
Seriously looks like there's maybe 20 seats filled.
Better off grabbing a row and lifting the armrests and lying down?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: AC*Tangerine
It's more likely that the plane will end being full of Tango passengers who didn't pay for seat selection and therefore don't get assigned a seat until check in.

Never trust the seat map. Get the preferred seat.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: AC SE
I've flown in row 4 on the 319 a few times - if you have long legs, it's well worth the $. The seat pitch in the other rows is miserable at 29", but row 4 is great.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan
The Roudge flights out of YYZ are jammed full every time. I suspect out of YUL it is the same.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Hi guys,
Worth the extra 63$?
As others have said, it's a curtain, not a bulkhead. Which is bad if you like bulkhead, but good if you like putting some of your hand luggage below the seat in front of you, easily accessible during the flight.

Tough break on the equipment switch... I actually don't mind the Rouge 763. The 319, on the other hand, is not good. At all.

I'd pay the $63. Row 4 is the only row of economy seating on the Rouge 319 that is anything short of miserable. At least here you'll have enough legroom to stretch out, use a laptop or iPad, etc.

Seems that the plane is pretty empty though.
Seriously looks like there's maybe 20 seats filled.
Better off grabbing a row and lifting the armrests and lying down?
I wouldn't bet on this. Given that this was a 763 flight initially, I think it's extremely likely that each set of three in economy won't be at least 2 or 3 full, and more likely 3 of 3. Rouge load factors are generally pretty good, aside from one YYZ-MCO flight I was on with 75 people on it. As others have said, it likely just looks empty because most pax are on Tango fares, and therefore aren't able to do seat assignment until OLCI.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:49 am

The major difference is the seat pitch, 29" vs. 35". If you feel that you should be reasonably comfortable in a 29" seat pitch for a near 5-hour flight, there is no need to pay $63 to buy the Rouge Plus seat.

The second benefit is that you will be seated in the front of the economy cabin and will be amongst the first to disembark. If that is unimportant to you, don't buy. If you do not have Priority Boarding eligibility, you will be the last to board for seated in the front. Not sure if buying a Rouge Plus/Preferred Seat will get one Priority Boarding benefit.

The last benefit is that BOB usually starts at that row and you will have the first choice on what you want to buy. Choices/supplies may run out by the time the food cart gets to you if you are seated at the back.

You have to decide whether the $63 is good value for your money.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Don't get worked up about what others say. In fact, there have been a few posts indicating that fliers have not had a bad experience, mine included. Give yourself a chance to form your own opinion.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
How tall are you?

My wife is 5'3" and finds regular Rouge irritating but not unpleasant.

At 6'1", I simply can't fly regular Rouge without serious, trip-altering pain.

YMMV.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I flew in 4C from YVR-SFO last week and found that the preferred seat was well worth it (about $15 for this flight). The seat is the same as the three front rows of Premium Rouge.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
seating is horrific, first try to find another flight, if you can get your money back. Any connecting is better than Rouge.
If not suck it up, and pay AC some money to reduce your misery.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Guys thank you all very much for your help!
I went ahead and bought that seat.
I'm not an easy flyer to begin with so the 63$ will definitely be well worth it i think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.