Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Jack Jia
YEP. Didn't take long LOL

What kind of potentate is a SE MM?
Powerful, pitiless and armed to the teeth. He/She's a kind of king/queen the world has never known before. His/Her realm is raw capital, his/her conquests emerging markets, his/her prayers profits, his/her borders limitless, his/her weapons nuclear. To even try and imagine an SE, is to hold the whole in your field of vision, is to situate yourself at the very edge of sanity, to offer yourself up for ridicule.SE was courted and fawned over by the genuflecting representatives of this ancient civilisation with a fervour that can only be described as indecent. Whole cities were superficially spruced up. Thepoor were herded away, hidden from the presidential gaze. Streets were soaped and scrubbed and festooned with balloons and welcome banners.
Yes.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The anecdotes in this thread would contradict that completely. There have been people with no status transported by limo, and people on upgrades.

I was told it was for VIPs, and if there are no VIPs, they'll give other people rides, time permitting.

No mention of fare classes or SEs.

And no one has given an example that contradicts that
Had a ride in the BMW Valet service last Thursday for the first time. Nice surprise. I asked about the criteria and was told that it has nothing to do with status, in fact, you can get the service without having status as long as you're on a paid J class ticket (upgrades do not qualify for the service) and you have to be connecting through YYZ to an International flight. Like I said, it was a fun surprise. Not sure if it saved much time at all though. The concierge had even told me that some people have turned down the service and chose to walk instead.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Chowtime
Had a ride in the BMW Valet service last Thursday for the first time. Nice surprise. I asked about the criteria and was told that it has nothing to do with status, in fact, you can get the service without having status as long as you're on a paid J class ticket (upgrades do not qualify for the service) and you have to be connecting through YYZ to an International flight. Like I said, it was a fun surprise. Not sure if it saved much time at all though. The concierge had even told me that some people have turned down the service and chose to walk instead.
Yes, we are all aware of this based on all the posts in this thread.
We know it has nothing to do with anything, actually. Several concierges have given me the same party line, and that's cool.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by Jack Jia
YEP. Didn't take long LOL

What kind of potentate is a SE MM?
Powerful, pitiless and armed to the teeth. He/She's a kind of king/queen the world has never known before. His/Her realm is raw capital, his/her conquests emerging markets, his/her prayers profits, his/her borders limitless, his/her weapons nuclear. To even try and imagine an SE, is to hold the whole in your field of vision, is to situate yourself at the very edge of sanity, to offer yourself up for ridicule.SE was courted and fawned over by the genuflecting representatives of this ancient civilisation with a fervour that can only be described as indecent. Whole cities were superficially spruced up. Thepoor were herded away, hidden from the presidential gaze. Streets were soaped and scrubbed and festooned with balloons and welcome banners.
Definitely amusing Rumplesuperelite...
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
We know it has nothing to do with anything, actually. Several concierges have given me the same party line, and that's cool.
YYZNOMAD, this seems to be a familiar sight as you steer me toward a post and explain that it's already been discussed. I apologize as I'm not on FT as much as I'd like and I may read the latest page of the thread and back track a few more and if I don't see anything, then I'll post. Forgive me for not reading sometimes dozens of pages before I post something. Thanks for your prompt attention regardless. Cheers
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YYZNOMAD, this seems to be a familiar sight as you steer me toward a post and explain that it's already been discussed. I apologize as I'm not on FT as much as I'd like and I may read the latest page of the thread and back track a few more and if I don't see anything, then I'll post. Forgive me for not reading sometimes dozens of pages before I post something. Thanks for your prompt attention regardless. Cheers
No worries. I'm just making statements. Don't feel like you shouldn't post something. No need to apologize. I do this with everyone... i.e. "It has already been posted" and then attempt to provide a link. I feel the mods appreciate this as well.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Well, I'm looking forward to more of your videos. Your last one was fantastic.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Well, I'm looking forward to more of your videos. Your last one was fantastic.
Thanks 24left. The next video will not be AC though. It'll be the upper deck J Class on Lufthansa 747-400 New Business Class which I really am liking more and more.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Limo Service

Originally Posted by yyznomad
We know it has nothing to do with anything , actually. Several concierges have given me the same party line, and that's cool.
Friends of ours with NO status flew into Toronto on Aeroplan tickets in J last week and had Limo ride.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver
On my last trip, I connected to GRU through YYZ. I was met at the gate upon arrival from YVR by the concierge. She told me that I had been "selected" to be driven from T1 to T3. My flight had left YVR an hour late, so being driven gave me a few extra minutes to relax in the lounge before the next flight.

The car was a black BMW 750Li. Not really my kind of car, but it sure beat walking.

They also gave me a BMW logo USB battery charger for my phone, as well as an invite for a test drive of a BMW, including a set of headphones supposedly worth $275, as a gift for taking the test drive. I'll try to take the test drive before my next trip on Saturday.

FWIW, I was flying in P class, YVR-YYZ-GRU.
Thought I'd give an update. It took a while, but I finally received the headphones, which are Bang and Olufsen BeoPlay H3. Nice reward for taking a test drive. (The USB battery charger didn't work out so well. It broke.)
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: Altitude SEMM
New limo service at YYZ

I took the test drive on September 22. The earphones were sent by FedEx yesterday (but I wasn't home to pick them up and now have to got to the FedEx office on Monday). The action happened after I emailed the BMW Canada customer service address last week.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Livyer
I took the test drive on September 22. The earphones were sent by FedEx yesterday (but I wasn't home to pick them up and now have to got to the FedEx office on Monday). The action happened after I emailed the BMW Canada customer service address last week.
It was explained to me that they were back-ordered. What car did you test drive?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
I have had the ride twice this year and have not received the test drive offer or any BMW swag.

I suppose the ride is nice, but I really don't mind walking prior to a long flight.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver
It was explained to me that they were back-ordered. What car did you test drive?
328. Maybe not upscale enough to get faster delivery.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Livyer
328. Maybe not upscale enough to get faster delivery.
I don't think so. The time from when I drove the car to when I received the headphones was around the same. Definitely not quick turn-around. Did you request the 328 or is that what they offered? I requested a manual M4 and they provided one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.