Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Int flight connecting YUL to YYZ with Air France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K

Hi everyone,

I have a flight from HKG --> CDG --> YUL --> YYZ on Air France. The last segment from YUL to YYZ is on Air Canada. Does anyone if I have claim my luggage at YUL. If so, since AF is Skyteam, I'm assuming I have to pay for my check luggage. Do you know if it's possible to present my Altitude 35K card and have the fee waived?

Thanks!

P.S I'll prob. ask in the AF forum, but does anyone know if it's possible to earn Skymiles on the last AC segment?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
From what I learned from mountaingirl this morning check to see if the two airlines have an interline agreement for luggage.

Your E35k means nothing on skyteam and not sure why you couldn't earn skyteam miles on the last segment
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
You will have to collect your luggage in YUL for Canadian customs. Your elite status with AC won't get you any luggage fee waived on AF, but AF does allow you 1 checked bag in economy up to 50lbs--you pay $72 for an extra bag. AF and AC have an interline agreement but this just means that AF will tag your bags through to YYZ (you just have to pick them up and then put them back on the luggage belt in YUL).
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
From what I learned from mountaingirl this morning check to see if the two airlines have an interline agreement for luggage.

Your E35k means nothing on skyteam and not sure why you couldn't earn skyteam miles on the last segment
Originally Posted by gspurr
You will have to collect your luggage in YUL for Canadian customs. Your elite status with AC won't get you any luggage fee waived on AF, but AF does allow you 1 checked bag in economy up to 50lbs--you pay $72 for an extra bag. AF and AC have an interline agreement but this just means that AF will tag your bags through to YYZ (you just have to pick them up and then put them back on the luggage belt in YUL).
Thanks, just wasn't sure what to expect flying on a *A flight booked through a different world alliance.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:44 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Miles are usually awarded based on who the operating carrier is. So even though you bought the ticket from AF, you would almost certainly NOT get AF miles on the AC-operated YUL-YYZ.

But you should be able to earn Aeroplan points on that segment, if you make sure that AC has your Aeroplan number on file for it.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by adam.smith
But you should be able to earn Aeroplan points on that segment, if you make sure that AC has your Aeroplan number on file for it.
The easiest way to do this is to go to a check-in agent / gate agent at YUL and have them add your AP number to that flight. I do suspect you won't be able to add an AP number on a AF ticket. And even then, you probably want the FB points for your CDG-YUL ticket.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adam.smith
Miles are usually awarded based on who the operating carrier is. So even though you bought the ticket from AF, you would almost certainly NOT get AF miles on the AC-operated YUL-YYZ.

That's what I'm thinking because there's no codeshare involved. Might as well get the most of it and try to add my AP account.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:40 pm
YUL

Programs: SPG Gold / IHG Spire / Emerald Executive Elite
Fm YXX: "I do suspect you won't be able to add an AP number on a AF ticket."

One way or the other, you don't want to do that; you would not get any mile on the CDG - YUL segment. --> Get AF Flying Blue points (or other appropriate SkyTeam) in this segment.

Only once in YUL, add your AP # on your flight file.

This way, you should get points on all segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.