Search

AC fares to PEK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
AC fares to PEK

I'm in the process of booking a trip to PEK and while Tango fares ex-NA are quite cheap, most Flex fares are quite ridiculous.

I was just wondering whether anyone is aware of any good Flex (or PE) fares to PEK. Pretty flexible with regards to departure city.

The best Flex fares I can find are in the $1850-$2000 range which isn't all that exciting. I also considered flying to another city in Asia such as PVG, HKG, NRT, but couldn't find any particularly exciting fares either. (Canada-HKG in PE for $2.2k isn't too bad, but not a bargain per se).

If anyone happens to be aware of any good fares, any input (or a PM) would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:03 am

HU used to have some very good YYZ-PEK-YYZ discount business class fare for about $3,500 all-in. I think that they are still available. HU uses 787 on the YYZ-PEK route.

I wouldn't recommend their Y but is competitively priced at about $1,200~1,300 all-in for YYZ-PEK-YYZ.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks! I've had a look at those fares and have also played around with some other fares (such as the Circle Pacific fares), but with the current 3x miles promo for AC flights to Asia I'm leaning towards a simple round-trip on AC (which would earn me >50,000 miles as a SE).
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Platinum, Cathay Pacific Gold, club carlson Gold, Le club Accor Platinum
AC fares to PEK

Yvr to hkg in PE is around $1700-1800 on some date. You will also earn more miles than flying to pek or Pvg.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supremekai
Yvr to hkg in PE is around $1700-1800 on some date. You will also earn more miles than flying to pek or Pvg.
Thanks! Not a bad idea... I really dislike the 777HD, but the slightly lower price may convince me. Too bad I can't route YVR-YYZ-HKG.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Apr 1, 2015 at 8:58 am
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: AC E75; A3 *G; SPG PLAT; NEXUS
Does anyone have a link to that 3X promo ? I can't find it on the AE website in th epromos area, and google doesnt have it either.....would like to sign up so if there is link please post it !

Thanks

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thanks! I've had a look at those fares and have also played around with some other fares (such as the Circle Pacific fares), but with the current 3x miles promo for AC flights to Asia I'm leaning towards a simple round-trip on AC (which would earn me >50,000 miles as a SE).
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pkfk13
Does anyone have a link to that 3X promo ? I can't find it on the AE website in th epromos area, and google doesnt have it either.....would like to sign up so if there is link please post it !

Thanks
The promo is discussed in this thread, may have been targetted, at least you had to sign up and then received an individualized code.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AC E75; A3 *G; SPG PLAT; NEXUS
Thanks - checked my mail - lots of junk from AC/AE, but this was not there - guess they forgot about me. :-(
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:51 am

The promo is discussed in this thread, may have been targetted, at least you had to sign up and then received an individualized code.
Yes, targeted.

Have you considered CA ex-YVR? They used to have some very attractive discount business class fares. You'll get some AQM but not the 3X promotion.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Platinum, Cathay Pacific Gold, club carlson Gold, Le club Accor Platinum
You only get 125% AQM on CA J plus it doesn't count towards the 50% Ac minimum AQM miles

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Quote:

Yes, targeted.

Have you considered CA ex-YVR? They used to have some very attractive discount business class fares. You'll get some AQM but not the 3X promotion.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by supremekai
You only get 125% AQM on CA J plus it doesn't count towards the 50% Ac minimum AQM miles
The 100K SE is the only Altitude status that's worth "chasing" at AC.

If one's travel pattern will fall short of 100K any way, price and itinerary are the two most important factors that I would look for.

No other Altitude status tier below the 100K SE is worth the extra effort to attain unless eUpgrade is the only form of payment available to fly in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.