Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Check in with an overnight stopover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Check in with an overnight stopover

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Check in with an overnight stopover

I'm flying YYG-YUL-YYZ Tuesday night and YYZ-HKG Wednesday morning. Will I have to check in twice? I actually hope so, since that gives me more leeway to do OLCI (I could check in 24 h before the YUL-YYZ flight, and then again before the YYZ-HKG flight.

Also, regarding OLCI upgrades: if they're offered, does the price offered get better or worse closer as the hours tick by?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:25 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by islandcub1
I'm flying YYG-YUL-YYZ Tuesday night and YYZ-HKG Wednesday morning. Will I have to check in twice? I actually hope so, since that gives me more leeway to do OLCI (I could check in 24 h before the YUL-YYZ flight, and then again before the YYZ-HKG flight.

Also, regarding OLCI upgrades: if they're offered, does the price offered get better or worse closer as the hours tick by?
I have in the past flown YYC-YYZ-BOG with an overnight stop in YYZ (depart YYC in the afternoon, arrive YYZ evening, YYZ-BOG departs around 8AM). I've done it 2-3 times and have had to check in separately and usually done it at a kiosk after landing in YYZ. The check-in desk in YYC could potentially have done it for me if I hadn't gone straight to the gate after getting to the airport, but I'd rather not deal with that.

Although I haven't done that in over a year, so it's possible things could have changed.

Can't offer any advice re LMUs.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 29, 2015 at 3:26 pm Reason: corrected typo
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Tried OLCI this morning (it split it into two parts and insisted I complete checking in for the Canadian legs first); got all the way through to the end and then it said I had to check in with an agent. So much for grabbing an upgrade for the TPAC segment (when I checked last night it offered $250 to upgrade one of my Canadian segments).
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: *$ Green
I sometimes do a 2nd OLCI last minute if I Want to check if other seats have freed up.

Then you can ask the lady at the MLL to reprint BPs.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I sometimes do a 2nd OLCI last minute if I Want to check if other seats have freed up.

Then you can ask the lady at the MLL to reprint BPs.
Do the men not like reprinting BPs?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Do the men not like reprinting BPs?
Believe it or not, I have yet to see a man at the MLL front desk...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.